If you’ve been on the hunt for a few hilarious Donald Duck quotes to brighten your day, you’ve come to the right place! Join me as I take you through the top quotes from Disney’s most famous duck!
Although every single member of the original Sensational Six is fabulous, there’s something infinitely special about Donald Duck.
He’s sassy, full of character, and says things that the iconic Mickey and Minnie Mouse just wouldn’t!
And that’s what makes him a charmer.
So, whether you’re looking for quips with Scrooge McDuck or simply want to find a few of Donald’s best one-liners, I’ve got you covered.
This list of the best Donald Duck quotes covers everything from Donald’s early appearances to his Three Caballeros stint.
Now let’s get right to it!
Who Is Donald Duck?
Donald Duck is one of the most famous animated Disney characters around and is regarded for his very memorable voice.
He was designed to be a complete foil to the miraculous Mickey Mouse.
So, animators made him slightly silly, short-tempered, but still incredibly loveable.
Despite trying his best in every appearance (including the famous “Orphan’s Benefit!), he often falls into trouble.
And that’s largely because he’s a touch arrogant and always greedy for more.
If you’re wondering what Walt Disney himself thinks about ol’ Donald Duck, here are the words straight from his creator!
“One of the greatest satisfactions in our work here at the studio is the warm relationship that exists within our cartoon family. Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, and the whole gang have always been a lot of fun to work with. But like many large families, we have a problem child. You’re right, it’s Donald Duck.” ―Walt Disney
Thanks to his big personality and iconic voice, Donald’s cartoons have achieved Academy Awards over the years.
Plus, if you head to the Hollywood Walk of Fake, you’ll even spot his glimmering star!
What Are Donald Duck’s Character Traits?
Although Donald is undeniably Disney’s problem child, audiences found his antics and negative traits charming.
After all, nobody’s perfect and it was refreshing to have a slightly selfish duck to relate to.
And hey, even Disney noted that the studio couldn’t give negative traits to Mickey OR the forever-happy Goofy!
I wouldn’t go as far as to say that Donald was a perfectionist, but he does hate being misunderstood or being second-best.
It’s also worth mentioning that he loves attention, money, fame, and spending time with his one true love Daisy Duck!
So, he’s not all bad.
But if you get on Donald’s bad side (or irritate him!), he usually pitches a major fit that involves a lot of angry quacking.
It’s amusing, but you could hardly call Donald polite!
“Like “a Western hero,” Mickey is straightforward, good-natured, and modest. Donald is greedy, conceited, sneaky, and hot-tempered.” ―The Walt Disney Family Museum’s analysis on Donald Duck.
What Are Donald Duck’s Nicknames?
It’s no secret that Donald Duck is known by his most famous name (that I’ve just mentioned!).
But he’s also been called:
- The Duck
- Duck Avenger
- Maui Mallard
Now that’s a lot of names for a single duck!
Best Donald Duck Quotes
1. “I…was one of the Three Cabalerros”
2. “Oh, boy! I can’t wait to see my pals!”
3. “Life is too short to be serious all the time, so if you can’t laugh at yourself then call me. I’ll laugh at you for you!”
4. “Aw, phooey! I’m going out there whether you like it or not.”
5. “Uncle Scrooge is rich. I’ll pay him back.”
6. “Happiness is the richest thing we will ever own.”
7. “I promise we will never spend another Christmas apart.”
8. “Uncle Scrooge needs us, and we need him. Our family has been apart too long. It’s time for us to come together!”.
9. “Maybe I’m just a duck, but I’m human. A man can stand just so much.”
10. “[singing] Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”
11. “[singing] I’m flying high, up in the sky, watching the world go by.”
12. “Hey! Wake up! You dumb for nothing mutt. You old sleepyhead. Sleeping all the time. It’s provoking, very exasperating. No cooperation at all.”
13. “Why do these things have to happen to me! [after Donald’s wooden bucket falls apart]”.
14. “Live each day as if it’s the first day of your life”
15. “I’ve had a bellyful of both you eternal fools! Year in, year out, you bring grief on yourselves all for the sake of getting rich, staying rich, or getting richer still! You’ll never be happy, because you always worry about what you’ll do next to complicate your own greedy lives.”
16. “That’s what I’ll do! Maybe I’ll pick some flowers and give them to Daisy. Heh heh…she’d love that!”
17. “Some decisions are fun to make!”
18. “It’s about time you got here. My name’s Donald Duck. You’re going to have a great time!”
19. “Aw, I know who you’re thinking about.”
20. “Four dollars is very little money when you got ‘em; but a heck of a lot of money when you ain’t got ‘em.”
Funny Donald Duck Quotes
21. Huey Duck: Breathe, just breathe.
Donald Duck: I’ve done nothing with my life! I’m a failure!
Scrooge McDuck: Awww, that never bothered you before.
22. “I’ll have the kids macaroni and cheese! And more steak sticks!”
23. “That doggone clock for nothing! I’ll show you who’s boss around here”
24. “Why don’t they make these covers in my size?”
25. “I say go but you say stay, you can’t tell me what to do, don’t understand a word I say, so phooey, phooey, phooey on you.”
26. “Who me? Oh, no! I’ve got a belly ache!”
27. “No, it’s top secret!”
28. Daisy: what’s a girl gotta do to get a drink around here.
Donald: Well, you just go up and ask at the bar and then exchange one for money.
(three days later)
Donald: …wait a second.
29. “Scrooge: Della won’t come out of her room. Donald: Just say something wrong. Scrooge: what? Donald: like just, factually incorrect. Della, a few moments later: Did I just hear you say that the sun is a planet?”
30. “Inspiration for what we produce comes from reading, observing the world of humans around us and also the animal kingdom.”
31. “This is a fine kettle of fish.”
32. “Need some fashion tips? For me, it’s all about the hat! Whaddya think? Nice, right?”
33. “Order, Goofy, order!”
34. “Don’t get confused between my personality and my attitude…my personality is who I am, and my attitude depends on who you are.”
Quotes About Donald Duck
35. “When Donald Duck traded his wings for arms, was he trading up or trading down?” – Douglas Coupland
36. “I still want to play music but I don’t want to look like Donald Duck while I’m doing it.” – Elton John
37. “Three has always been tougher than Two. Think of any of your famous threesomes. The Three Stooges? Look at the anger there. My bet is that before Curly was born, Moe and Larry could play together for hours without even a single poke in the eye. Huey, Dewey, and Louie? Donald Duck never had a moment’s peace. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly? I rest my case.” – Paul Reiser
38. “When I was little, we had a Golden Book that had all these Disney characters in one portrait on the first page. My dad used to read from it every night. We’d play this game of find Pluto or find Donald Duck. He’d read us stories and do all the voices. Those are great memories.” – Danica McKellar
39. “In retrospect I would say from Donald Duck I have learned more about life than from all the schools I ever attended.” – Gottfried Helnwein.
40. “I am like a cartoon strip; I am like Donald Duck; everybody knows me in Italy.”
41. “Popularity should be no scale for the election of politicians. If it would depend on popularity, Donald Duck and The Muppets would take seats in senate.” – Orson Welles
More Incredible Quotes About Donald Duck
42. “When I was nine years old I use to copy – not trace – the covers of the Donald Duck comics. Many years later I became a close friend of Jack Hannah, the director of the Donald Duck film shorts.” – William Jackson
43. “Who’s got the sweetest disposition? One guess. Guess who? Who never never starts an argument? Who never shows a bit of temperament? Who’s never wrong, but always right? Who’d never dream of starting a fight? Who gets stuck with all the bad luck? No one but Donald Duck!” – Theme Song
44. “Donald, you forgot about our date again! You better have a good excuse this time.” – Daisy Duck
45. “Human beings have a lot of problems identifying themselves with other human beings who don’t resemble them exactly. But there’s something about drawing that means that anyone can identify to a drawing. I mean, people can identify themselves with Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse.” – Marjane Satrapi
46. “Throughout my teens, I just wanted to go somewhere I could wear a Donald Duck pin and no one would care.” – Paul Feig
What is Donald Duck’s catchphrase?
It’s probably “phooey!”.
What is Donald Duck most famous for?
He is most famous for his slightly unintelligable voice, quacks, short temper, and arrogant personality.
We love him though!
Why does Donald Duck talk funny?
Donald Duck is said to talk with something called buccal speech which essentially uses the inner cheek to produce a sound instead of the larynx.
But it could also be that he’s made to sound as much like a duck as possible without not speaking English!
Who voices Donald Duck?
Donald Duck is an incredibly recognizable voice and he was originally voiced by Clarence “Ducky” Nash.
This actor lent his voice to Donald for over 50 years and appeared in an impressive 155 cartoon shorts before retiring.
After 1985, Tony Anselmo took over as the official voice as Donald Duck and was even mentored by Nash himself!
Is Donald Duck an uncle or a dad?
Donald Duck is the nephew of Scrooge McDuck, but he’s also an uncle to Huey, Dewey, and Louie!
At the moment, he’s not a dad.
When was Donald Duck born?
Donald Duck was born on June 4, 1934 which makes him just slightly younger than Mickey Mouse!
His first appearance was in The Wise Little Hen which was released on the same date.
How old is Donald Duck supposed to be?
It’s hard to place the age of any animated character, but Doanld is thought to be in his mid-twenties,
That’s because he can work, drive a car, and has a partner!
Who is older: Mickey or Donald?
Mickey Mouse is older as he first appeared in Steamboat Willie in 1928!
There you have it: the ultimate list of Donald Duck quotes that’ll make you fall even more in love with this member of the Sensational Six.
What are your favorite Donald Duck quotes? Did any of these picks surprise you? I’d love to hear more from you in the comments below!
- 43 Flynn Rider Quotes That’ll Make You Chuckle!
- 60+ Best Tigger Quotes That’ll Have You Bouncing for Joy!
- 118 Best Cinderella Quotes That You’ll LOVE!
Grace is the creator, editor, and sole writer for Pixie Dust and Passports – a blog that’s ALL about Disney! She’s made it her life’s mission to visit the Disney parks as much as possible and loves trying new snacks, grabbing the latest spirit jerseys, and rocking Loungefly bags. Oh, and she also holds a BA in History from UCL, which makes her a research and deep-dive enthusiast into all things Imagineering.