If you’ve been on the hunt for the best Cinderella quotes around, I’ve got your back. Covering everything from the original movie to the sequels and gorgeous live action, treat this post as your one-stop shop!
When Cinderella was first released in 1950, it broke some serious box office records.
Not only did it pull in a massive $4.28 million dollars on its initial release (which was huge back then!), but it continues to be hugely successful.
So, it’s probably no surprise that Cinderella’s character inspired 2 popular sequels and a 2015 live-action movie!
But if you’re racking your brains for a few classic Cinderella quotes to dot around your Instagram page, I’ve got you covered.
As well as covered a few favorites (A Dream Is a Wish!), I’ll also be pulling out a few hidden gems from that you may not remember.
Now let’s do this!
Who is Cinderella?
Cinderella first burst onto the scene in 1950 as the titular protagonist of her own movie Cinderella!
But prior to that, she was the star of Charles Perrault’s story of the same name that was first published in 1697!
She was born to a wealthy family in France and had 2 loving parents until her loving mother passed away.
After this, her father remarried the evil Lady Tremaine who had 2 children of her own (Drizella and Anastasia).
Cinderella is absolutely beautiful and is known for her strawberry blonde hair, incredibly positive attitude, and unwavering kindness.
Despite losing both her father and mother, she remains courageous in the face of being treated as a scullery maid by her stepmother.
If you’re looking for an official description of Cinders, you’ll find this right here:
“Cinderella is kind to all, especially her mice friends, Jaq and Gus. She has faith that if you keep on believing, your wish will come true. With help from her fairy godmother, she gets a chance to live her dreams.”
Although Ilene Woods voiced Cinderella in the original 1950 film, Jennifer Hale voices her in the subsequent sequels.
But in 2015, Lily James brought Cinderella to life (literally!) in the live-action feature.
So, it’s absolutely no surprise that there are plenty of amazing Cinderella quotes lying around to encourage you to be kind!
***Related: 27 Disney Princess Quotes To Inspire You***
1.“A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”
2. “So, if you don’t want to lose a nice, warm bed, you’d better get rid of those dreams. Know how? Just learn to like cats!”
3. “Well, serves you right, spoiling people’s best dreams.”
4. “I’m sorry if your highness objects to an early breakfast. It’s certainly not my idea to feed you first—it’s orders.”
5. “Oh, that clock! Old killjoy. I hear you. “Come on, get up,” you say, “Time to start another day.” Even he orders me around. Well, there’s one thing. They can’t order me to stop dreaming.”
6. “I know it isn’t easy, but at least we should try to get along together. And that includes you, your majesty.”
7. “What’s a royal ball? After all, I suppose it would be frightfully dull, and boring, and completely … completely wonderful.”
8. “It is a little snug. But it’ll have to do! Now, for a name. I’ve got one. Octavius. But for short, we’ll call you Gus.”
9. “[to Bruno, the dog] Dreaming again. Chasing Lucifer? Catch him this time? That’s bad.”
10. “No, I mean it. Lucifer has his good points, too. For one thing, he… Well, sometimes he… Hmmm. There must be something good about him.”
11. “So if you don’t want to lose a nice, warm bed, you’d better get rid of those dreams. Know how? Just learn to like cats!”
12. “They can’t order me to stop dreaming.”
13. “Oh, I understand, but… it’s more than I ever hoped for.”
14. “Well, there’s one thing: they can’t order me to stop dreaming.”
15. “So this is love. So this is what makes life divine. I’m all aglow…”
16. “After all, I’m still a member of the family. And it says, ‘By royal command, every eligible maiden is to attend.’”
17. Stepmother: Oh. My daughters- where are they? Cinderella: Uh, I think they’re still in bed.
18. “Oh, no. No, it isn’t true. It’s just no use. No use at all. I can’t believe. Not anymore. There’s nothing left to believe in. Nothing.”
19. “Oh, it’s a beautiful dress! Did you ever see such a beautiful dress? And look! Glass slippers. Why, it’s like a dream. A wonderful dream come true.”
20. “I’m sorry. I-I guess I forgot about everything, even the time, but… but it was so wonderful. And he was so handsome, and when we danced… oh, I’m sure that even the Prince himself couldn’t have been more… more… Oh, well, it-it’s over, and…”
21. “Your Grace, please wait! May I try it on?”
22. “But you see … I have the other slipper.”
23. Cinderella: Oh, I wasn’t… I mean, I do, but-but don’t you think my dress… Fairy Godmother : Yes, it’s lovely, dear, lov… [realizing] Fairy Godmother : Good Heavens, child! You can’t go in that.
Lady Tremaine Quotes
24. “Well, I see no reason why you can’t go, if you get all your work done. And if you can find something suitable to wear.”
25. “Now, let me see … There’s the large carpet in the main hall. Clean it! And the windows, upstairs and down. Wash them! Oh yes. And the tapestries and the draperies. Do them again! And don’t forget the garden. And scrub the terrace, sweep the halls and the stairs, clean the chimneys, and of course there’s the mending and the sewing and the laundry. Oh yes, and one more thing. See that Lucifer gets his bath.”
26. “The glass slipper is their only clue. The Duke has been ordered to try it on every girl in the kingdom. And if one can be found whom the slipper fits, then, by the King’s command, that girl shall be the Prince’s bride.”
Prince Charming Quotes
27. “Just because it’s what’s done, doesn’t mean it’s what’s should be done. Or something like that.”
28. “Oh no, wait, you can’t go now, it’s only…”
Jaq and Gus Quotes
29. Jaq: Poor Cinderelly. Ev’ry time she find a minute, that’s the time when they begin it. “Cinderelly! Cinderelly!”
30. “Cinderelly, Cinderelly / Night and day it’s Cinderelly / Make the fire! Fix the breakfast! / Wash the dishes! Do the moppin’!”
31. “She go around in circles ’till she very, very dizzy / Still they holler…” – Jaq
32. “Lucify. That’s him. Meany, sneaky. Jump at you. Bite at you!” – Jaq
33. “Cinderelly. Look! Look! Your slipper. Your slipper.” – Jaq
34. “New mouse in the house, brand new! Never saw it afore! Visitor, visitor!” – Jaq
35. “Gotta get him out! Rat trap, rat trap!” – Jaq
36. Gus: I’ll cut it with the scissors! Jaq: And I can do the sewing. Perla: Leave the sewing to the women. You go get some trimmin’.
37. “Did you ever see a cat-cat?” – Jaq
38. “Take it easy, cluck-cluck.” – Gus
39. “Surprised, surprised, very surprised.” – Gus
Grand Duke Quotes
40. “Your Majesty, I see no point in beating about the bush. I regret to inform you, sire, that the young lady has disappeared, leaving behind only this glass slipper.”
41. “But, Your Majesty! If the prince should suspect?”
42. Grand Duke: Sire, she got away.
The King: Sir “She Got Away… ” A peculiar title, but if that’s what you… She WHAT? [he shows a angry face, scaring the Grand Duke]
43. “The Prince, sire, swears he’ll marry none but the girl who fits this slipper.”
44. “My orders were ‘Every maiden.’ Come, my child.”
45. “But sire, he loves her. He won’t rest till he finds her. He’s determined to marry her.”
46. “I tried to stop her! But she vanished into thin air!”
47. “But its true, sire! All we could find was this glass slipper!”
48. “Oh, no! Oh, no, no. Oh, no. Oh, this is terrible. The King! What will he say?”
50. “Well, if I may say so, Your Majesty, I did try to warn you; but you, Sire, are incurably romantic.”
51. “You are the only ladies of the household, I hope, er, I presume?”
The King Quotes
52. “So he’s proposed already! Tell me all about it.”
53. “When the boy proposes, notify me immediately!”
54. “A knighthood. I hereby dub you, sir… er, er, by the way, what title would you like?”
55. “Failure, eh? Ha-ha! Take a look at *that*, you pompous windbag!”
56, “Ah! The boy isn’t cooperating.”
57. “I can’t understand it! There must be at least one who’d make a suitable mother…!”
58. “My son has been avoiding his responsibilities long enough. It’s high time he married and settled down.”
59. “SABOTAGE! You were in league with the prince all along!”
60. “Ha ha. We’ve got him!”
61. “No doubt you saw the whole pretty picture in detail. The young prince bowing to the assembly. Suddenly, he stops. He looks up. For lo… there she stands. The girl of his dreams. Who she is or whence she came, he knows not, nor does he care, for his heart tells him that here, here is the maid predestined to be his bride.”
62. Grand Duke: But, Sire, this slipper may fit any number of girls.
The King: That’s his problem. He’s given his word, we’ll hold him to it.
63. “I give up. Even I couldn’t expect the boy to…”
64. The King: You’ll try this on every maid in my kingdom. And, if the shoe fits… [runs his sword under the Duke’s nose]
The King: Bring her in.
Grand Duke: Yes, your majesty.
Fairy Godmother Quotes
65. “Yes, my child, but like all dreams, well, I’m afraid this can’t last forever. You’ll have only ’til midnight, and then…”
66. “But we have to hurry, because even miracles take a little time.”
67. “If you’d lost all your faith, I couldn’t be here. And here I am!”
68. “You can’t go to the ball looking like that!”
69. “You can’t go to the ball without a horse.”
70. “But instead of a horse, well a coachman of course!”
71. “Salaga-doola, menchika-boola, Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo. Put them together, and what have you got? Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo. Salaga-doola, menchika-boola, Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo. It will do magic, believe it or not, Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo. Now, “Salagadoola” means, “A-Menchika-boola-roo,” but the the thingamabob, that does the job, is “Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.”
72. Fairy Godmother: What in the world did I do with that magic wand? I-I was sure I…
Cinderella: Magic wand? Fairy Godmother: That’s strange. I-I always…
Cinderella: Why, then you must be…
Fairy Godmother: Your Fairy Godmother? Of course. Now, where is that wand? I- Oh! I forgot. I put it away
73. “Oh, now, now, now, now, now, just a minute. You must understand, my dear: On the stroke of twelve, the spell will be broken, and everything will be as it was before.”
75. “I’d say the first thing you need is… a pumpkin.”
Anastasia and Drizella Quotes
76. Cinderella: [upon hearing of the royal ball] Why, that means I can go, too.
Drizella: [to Anastasia and Stepmother] Hah! Her, dancing with the Prince.
Anastasia: [mocking Cinderella] I’d be honored, Your Highness. Would you mind holding my broom. Ha Ha!
77. Stepmother: Oh. Pay no attention to HER. Anastasia: It’s only Cinderella.
Drizella: Our scullery maid…
Anastasia: From the kitchen.
Drizella: It’s ridiculous. Anastasia: Impossible.
Drizella: She’s out of her mind.
Stepmother: Yes, yes. Just an imaginitive child!
78. “She put it there! A big, ugly mouse! Under my teacup.” – Anastasia
79. “Well, it’s about time. Don’t forget the mending! Don’t be all day getting it done, either.” – Anastasia
80. “I don’t see why everybody else seems to have such nice things to wear, and I always end up in these old rags! This sash! I wouldn’t be seen dead in it.” – Anastasia
81. “Well, it may be a trifle snug today. You know how it is, dancing all night.” – Anastasia
82. “Take that ironing and have it back in an hour! One hour, you hear?” – Drizela
83. “And I’m so eligible.” – Anastasia
84. “I knew it was my slipper. Exactly my size. I always wear the same size.” – Anastasia
85. “I’d be honored, Your Highness. Would you mind holding my broom?” – Anastasia
Cinderella 2 Quotes
86. “I was a dish maid when the prince married me. And he loves me because I’m me.” – Cinderella
87. “Oh, look! We’re all in here, and these our stories.” – Cinderella
Cinderella 3 Quotes
88. “I’ve always dreamed, that my life could be like a fairy tale, a perfect fantasy. But it was nothing more than a dream.” – Cinderella
89. “You spoiled little ingrate. I’ve given you everything you’ve ever wanted, Anastasia!” – Stepmother
90. “Well, once you’ve dance with someone like Anastasia, you don’t want to waste any time.” – Prince Charming
91. “[Anastasia brings Cinderella and the Prince back together] This is the real Cinderella, your one true love.” – Anastasia
92. “Would my perfectly, perfect wife put her on perfectly fitting shoes?” – Prince Charming
93. [facing a human version of Lucifer] “Bad kitty!” – Cinderella
94. Prince Charming: Will you marry me Cinderelly?
Cinderella: [giggling] Actually, it’s Cinderella.
95. “And they lived happily ever after… again.” – Cinderella
96. “Do you remember the story of a girl who lived a life of cinders, and how she found true love because she kept a beautiful dream in her heart? Of course, it helped that she had mouse friends who could sew and a Fairy Godmother who could do wonders with pumpkins. Well, that girl is me.” – Cinderella
97. Anastasia: This is the answer to all our problems! [holds up a magic wand]
Stepmother: A stick?
Drizella: Ooo, let’s beat her with it!
98. “Now, Cinderella, to undo your trickery and take what’s rightfully ours. I call upon all the forces of the universe. Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo! Reverse the moon and sun, turn back tide and time, unravel Cinderella’s happily ever after to the moment my troubles began!” – Stepmother
99. “We found Princey!” – Jaq
100. “You think there’s only one woman in the whole kingdom who wears a size four-and-a-half?” – King
Live Action Cinderella Quotes (2015)
101. “I have to tell you a secret that will see you through all the trials that life can offer. Have courage and be kind.” – Ella’s mother
102. “When there is kindness, there is goodness. When there is goodness, there is magic.” – Ella’s mother
103. “I’m your Hairy Dogfather… Oh! I mean, your Fairy Godmother.” – Fairy Godmother
104. “I can’t drive, I’m a goose.” – Goose Coachman
105. “Wouldn’t you prefer to eat when all the work is done, Ella?” – Lady Tremaine
106. “Oh yes. I believe that animals listen and speak to us if we only have the ear for it. That’s how we learn to look after them.” – Ella’s mother
107. “And I forbid you to forbid her! Who are you to stop an officer of the king? Are you an empress? A saint? A deity?” – Captain
108. “I am Cinderella. Your Majesty, I am no princess. I have no carriage, no parents, no dowry. I do not even know if that beautiful slipper will fit But, if it does–will you take me as I am? A good honest country girl who loves you?” – Cinderella
109. “It would be an insult to take you to the palace dressed in these old rags.” – Lady Tremaine
110. “I have to leave. It’s hard to explain. Lizards and pumpkins and… things.” – Cinderella
111. “Why? Why are you so *cruel*? I don’t understand it. I’ve tried to be kind to you.” – Cinderella
112. “I love and respect you, but I will not. I believe that we need not look outside of our borders for strength or guidance. What we need is right before us, and we need only have courage and be kind to see it.” – Prince Charming
113. “Are you looking for this? There must be quite a story to go with it. Won’t you tell me? Hm? Very well, I shall tell you a story. Once upon a time, there was a *beautiful* young girl who married for love. And she had two loving daughters. All was well. But, one day, her husband, the light of her life, died. The next time, she married for the sake of her daughters. But that man, too, was taken from her. And she was doomed to look every day upon his beloved child. She had hoped to marry off one of her beautiful, stupid daughters to the prince. But his head was turned by a girl with glass slippers. And so, I lived unhappily ever after. My story would appear to be ended.” – Lady Tremaine
114. “I daresay no one in the kingdom will outshine my daughters.” – Lady Tremaine
115. “I’m sorry, mother. I’m sorry. I know I said I’d have courage but I don’t. Not anymore. I don’t believe anymore!” – Cinderella
116. “Perhaps it was just as well that Ella’s stepsisters were cruel. For had she not run to the forest, she might never have met the prince.” – Fairy Godmother
117. “I forgive you.” – Cinderella
118. Cinderella: [as they’re heading to the palace balcony to appear before the wedding crowd] Are you ready?
Prince Charming: For anything, so long as it’s with you.
FAQs on Cinderella Quotes
How is Cinderella inspirational?
Cinderella is a character who teaches us all about being kind and generous in the face of adversity.
Despite being treated terribly by her stepmother and stepsisters, Cinderella continues to be true to herself above all else.
And I think we can all agree on that being a pretty inspirational approach to things!
What makes Cinderella unique?
Part of what makes Cinderella unique is the fact that she loses both parents during the story.
But it’s also that she is a common girl who rises through the ranks to become queen by simply being herself.
This is particularly obvious in the live action movie (which is home to one of my favorite Cinderella quotes!).
What is Cinderella’s famous song?
It’s called “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes”!
What are the core values of Cinderella?
Although Cinderella has several core values, I’d say her most important can be summed up in the phrase “have courage and be kind”.
I hope that you enjoyed this list of iconic Cinderella quotes!
Which are your favorite Cinderella quotes that make your heart soar? Have you come across any new ones that made you want to rewatch any of the Cinderella-based movies? Let me know in the comments below!
If you can’t get enough of these Cinderella quotes, check out my related posts!
- 60+ Best Tigger Quotes That’ll Have You Bouncing for Joy!
- 77 Zootopia Quotes That’ll Completely Inspire You
- 50 Best Lightning McQueen Quotes (+ Fun Facts!)
- 90+ Best Turning Red Quotes You’ll LOVE!
- 95 Best Jafar Quotes (+ FAQs Answered!)
- 70+ Best Olaf Quotes That Feel Like a Warm Hug!
Grace is the creator, editor, and sole writer for Pixie Dust and Passports – a blog that’s ALL about Disney! She’s made it her life’s mission to visit the Disney parks as much as possible and loves trying new snacks, grabbing the latest spirit jerseys, and rocking Loungefly bags. Oh, and she also holds a BA in History from UCL, which makes her a research and deep-dive enthusiast into all things Imagineering.