Have you been looking for the best Jafar quotes that will make you feel totally villainous? Whether you’re visiting Disney for Halloween or are just rewatching Aladdin, this list is bound to inspire you!
Aladdin remains one of the most successful Disney movies around, taking in an impressive 504.1 million US dollars at the box office.
Now that’s a lot of dough!
Although you’re bound to remember the amazing protagonists Aladdin and Jasmine, it’s the villain Jafar that steals the show.
Not only is he tall and domineering (which makes him an awesome villain!), but he has some incredible one-liners.
Whether he’s talking about power, berating his parrot Iago, or trying to become a genie, Jafar has got it going ON.
To help you access his best lines in one place, I’ve put together the ultimate list of Jafar quotes that you’re going to love.
Covering every Jafar appearance (including Kingdom Hearts!), these sayings will have you achieving phenomenal cosmic power!
Who is Jafar?
Jafar is the primary antagonist in Disney’s 1992 feature film Aladdin.
He’s the Royal Vizier to the Sultan of Agrabah and is considered the palace’s most loyal advisor.
Despite being Sultan’s go-to guy, he wishes to find a magic lamp that will make him an incredibly powerful genie.
He thinks that being Sultan through marrying Jasmine will give him immense power, but he realizes quickly that this simply won’t be enough.
He’s certainly a scary guy, but what makes Jafar a memorable villain is his stature, dry sense of humor, and hilarious sidekick.
And you can’t beat his threatening snake staff either!
In terms of his powers and abilities, Jafar is adept at disguise, sorcery, and alchemy which is shown when he hypnotizes the Sultan.
The Best Jafar Quotes
Jafar Quotes from Aladdin (1992)
1. “My life is but to serve you, my lord.”
2. “Trust me, my pungent friend, you’ll get what’s coming to you.”
3. “The idea has merit.”
4. “Things aren’t always what they seem.”
5. “Desperate times call for desperate measures, my lord.”
6. “You’re only a fool if you give up, boy.”
7. “Your father has charged me with keeping peace in Agrabah. That boy was a criminal.”
8. “This is not done yet, boy!”
9. “Now where were we? Ah, yes abject humiliation!”
10. “Don’t tell me to shut up!”
11. “You little fool. You thought you could defeat the most powerful being on Earth.”
12. “Without the Genie, boy, you’re nothing.”
13. “You’re right. His power does exceed my own. But not for long.”
14. Jafar: Just… where did you say you were from? Aladdin: [as Prince Ali Ababwa] Oh, uh… uh, much farther than you’ve traveled, I’m sure. Jafar: Try me.
15. “Now, pussycat… tell me more about myself.”
16. “A snake, am I? Perhaps you’d like to see how snakelike I can be!”
18. “Yes, meet a blast from your past. Whose lies were too good to last! Say hello to your precious Prince Ali!”
19. “Giving you your reward – your eternal reward!”
20. “A beautiful desert bloom such as yourself belongs on the arm of the most powerful man in the world.”
21. “Don’t talk back to me, you big blue lout! You will do what I order you to do, slave!”
22. “Calm yourself, Iago.”
23. “I think it’s time to say goodbye to Prince Abubu.”
24. “Soon I will be sultan, not that addlepated twit.”
25. “Genie, grant me my first wish. I wish to rule on high, as Sultan!”
26. [from inside the lamp] “Get your blasted beak out of my face!”
27. “So his prospects take a terminal dip.”
28. Jafar: [hypnotizing the Sultan with his snake staff] You will order the Princess to marry me.
Sultan: [hypnotized] I… will order… the Princess… to… [suddenly breaks out of the trance]
Sultan: But you’re so old!
Jafar: [shoving his staff into the Sultan’s face again] The Princess *will* marry me!
29. “You’re speechless, I see. A fine quality in a wife.”
30. “Your Highness, no! I must intercede on Jasmine’s behalf. This boy is no different from the others. What makes him think he is worthy of the Princess?”
31.[laughs as Iago chokes] “Your Majesty certainly has a way with dumb animals.” [Iago gives Jafar an angry look]
32. “No, Iago. Only until she finds a chump husband. Then she’ll have us banished. Or beheaded.”
33. “Marry the shrew. I become sultan. The idea has merit.”
34. “The power! The absolute power!”
35. “No, really. On a scale of one to ten, you are an eleven.”
36. “The universe is mine to command! To control!”
37. “I love the way your foul little mind works!”
Jafar Quotes from Aladdin (2019)
38. “You see, I was once like you, a common thief, only I thought bigger. Steal an apple and you’re a thief, steal a kingdom and you’re a statesman. Only weak men stop there. You’re either the most powerful man in the world or you’re nothing.”
39. “I can make you rich… rich enough to impress a princess.”
40. “You seem to bring me the rough, but not the diamond.”
41. “The cave of wonders. When you enter, you will see more riches than you’ll ever dreamed of gold, diamonds and the lamps.”
42. “Bring me the lamp. Your life begins now, Aladdin.”
43. “Do you know what I had to do to get the power that I have? The sacrifices that I’ve made? The bodies that I’ve buried? The five years spent in a Sherabad jail? People need to understand that they will pay for underestimating me. Second is not enough! And it will never be enough! That’s why I need the lamp, and why I no longer need you!”
44. “He’s been pretending the entire time. An imposter. There is no Prince Ali. There never was. He’s nothing but a lying thief.”
45. “Control that cat if you know what’s good for you.”
Jafar Quotes from Return of Jafar (1994)
46. “Iago, you betrayed me and allied yourself with my enemies! Then you turned on them as soon as it was in your best interests. That’s what I love about you. You’re so perfectly predictable. A villain through and through!”
47. “The street rat is living in the palace now? Ah! That does it! All reports are in! Life is now officially unfair!”
48. “That was two wishes. Take your time with the third.”
49. “If it weren’t for *me*, you’d still be in a cage at the bazaar squawking, “Polly want a cracker!”
50. “Men cower at the power in my pinky / My thumb is number one on every list! But if you’re not convinced that I’m invincible / put me to the test / I’d love to lay this rivalry to rest!”
51. “YOU WILL NOW RELEASE ME! So that I may have my revenge.”
52. “Do as I say, you worthless pipsqueak!”
53. “You shall never have my lamp, and there is no one to save you this time!”
54. “I suppose I am a bit too much for his limited mind.”
55. “Good help is so hard to find these days, isn’t it, Aladdin?”
56. “I’ve got sand in places I didn’t even know I had!”
57. “Let’s not be too hasty, my simple-minded friend. It’s not enough that we simply destroy Aladdin.”
Jafar Quotes from Kingdom Hearts
58. “Jasmine, allow me to find you more suitable company, my dear princess. These little rats won’t do, you see.”
59. “But you fools won’t live to see what lies beyond it. Genie! My second wish. Crush them!”
60. “If I marry Princess Jasmine, nothing can stop me from becoming king of Agrabah! You’re nothing more than a pawn in my game, street rat! Genie! My first wish! Deliver Jasmine to me!”
61. “Well, well. The cunning of a rat. But, unfortunately, you can’t see beyond the cheese. Your little ploy changes nothing! I can crush you once and for all AND make Jasmine my own! Genie! My last wish! Transform me into an all-powerful genie!”
62. “And now, street rats, I bid you farewell.”
63. “Indeed I will, Princess. All of Agrabah will belong to me, while you…You, my queen, shall weep at my side for all eternity!”
64. “You dare defy me! You useless bird!”
65. “Now, spirit of the lamp! Hear my second wish! Entrap these fools who would hinder me!”
66. “You would do well to reconsider, my dear. I would so hate to see you hurt.”
67. “At last, all of my plans will be realized! Heed me, spirit of the lamp! For my first wish, I desire the power to stop anyone who gets in my way! Yes… Yes!”
Jafar Quotes from Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (2013)
68. “I don’t need to be a prince, sir. Just a son.”
69. “I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns!”
70. “It’s your flaw. You’re trying to earn their respect. All you have to do is take it.”
71. “Then there’s no issue. Eliminate him. Remove him from the playing field.”
72. “I want you to put his head on the chopping block! A public execution! So everyone will see the price for helping Alice in Wonderland!”
73. “It’s time to find if you’re a woman who’s prepared to do whatever it takes to get what she wants, or just a little girl with a stolen crown and nothing else. Let me be clear this time. Kill him.”
74. “The Red Queen’s reign is over! I’m the master of Wonderland now! Enjoying the view, Father? Now you can watch me sit on the throne you didn’t believe I deserved.”
75. “You mistake curiosity for fear. You know what the difference is between you and me? I don’t need to get inside your head to know what you’re afraid of. You wear it on that tortured face of yours. You’re afraid I won’t live up to my end of the bargain, and you’ll be my slave as long as we both shall live.”
76. “Whoever you are, I assume you are quite powerful. You don’t look weak, that’s for sure.”
77. “Death and I have already met. Send him my regards.”
78. “One can never underestimate the stupidity or the appetite of a goat.”
79. “I’m not going to steal your wishes, genie. I’m simply three wishes away from owning it.”
80. “Sometimes the maddest stories are the truest ones.”
81. “What child doesn’t want to be rescued by their father?”
82. “Love makes us do the maddest things, doesn’t it?”
83. “Oh, there’s a big surprise. That’s an incredible… I think I’m going to have a heart attack and die, from that surprise.”
84. “Yes, merit. Yes! And then, we drop papa-in-law and the little woman off a cliff.”
85. “Boy, Jafar’s gonna be happy to see you.”
86. “Ladies and gentlemen, a warm Agrabah welcome for Sorcerer Jafar!”
87. “Dahhh! To think we gotta keep kissing up to that chump, and his chump daughter, for the rest of our lives.”
Jafar Quotes from Descendants (2015)
88. Jafar: Recite our mantra.
Jay: There’s no team in I.
Jafar: You’re making me tear up.
Quotes About Jafar
89. “Phenomenal cosmic powers . . . Itty bitty living space”
90. “This is my royal vizier, Jafar”
91. Genie: [as a group of cheerleaders] Rick ’em, rack ’em, rock ’em, rake! Stick that sword into that snake!
Jafar: [as a snake] You stay out of thisss!
Genie: [weakly] Jafar, Jafar, he’s our man. If he can’t do it, *great*!
92. “Better check your crystal ball again, Jafar!”
93. “Jafar, this is an outrage! If it weren’t for all your years of loyal service…! But from now on, you’re to discuss the sentencing of prisoners with me, *before* they are beheaded!”
94. “With all due respect, Your Rottenness, couldn’t we just wait for a real storm?”
95. “Sorry, kid. I got a new master now”
Why is Jafar bad?
Jafar might be charming on the surface, but he’s scary as he has literally NO MORALS. He’s willing to sacrifice an entire country for what he wants, is unafraid to kill, and is simply never satisfied. Basically, he’s not someone you want to cross paths with!
What race is Jafar from Aladdin?
Jafar is an Arabic man in all versions of Aladdin.
Does Jafar have a child?
In the 2015 movie Descendants, Jafar has a child called Jay.
Who is Jafar in love with?
Jafar doesn’t really have the capacity to love, but he certainly lusts after Jasmine during the movies.
Is Jafar a psychopath?
Jafar is seen as an amoral psychopath, but you could also say he’s a megalomaniac. This means he can never be satisfied and has a huge obsession with power and status.
What is Jafar’s parrot’s name?
Jafar’s parrot is called Iago and he’s one of the most iconic characters in the Aladdin universe!
What kind of snake is Jafar?
Jafar turns into a giant orange and black cobra when the genie grants him phenomenal cosmic power.
Who is Jafar’s twin sister?
Jafar’s twin sister is a lesser-known character, but she appears in the 2000 game Nasira’s Revenge. Plus, she’s voiced by Ariel’s voice actress from The Little Mermaid – Jodi Benson!
There you have it: the ultimate list of evil Jafar quotes that will make you feel utterly wicked!
What’s your favorite Jafar quote? And is Aladdin your favorite Jafar-related movie? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Can’t get enough of Disney quotes? You’ll want to check out these posts too!
- 35+ Iconic Cruella de Vil Quotes for Disney Fans
- 140 Peter Pan Quotes to Fill Your Day With Magic
- 70+ Best Olaf Quotes That Feel Like a Warm Hug!
- 125 Disney Quotes About Love to Make Your Heart Flutter!
- 50+ Best Edna Mode Quotes That Are Completely Iconic
- 45 Best Enchanted Quotes That You’ll ADORE