Are you looking for the best Olaf quotes that’ll make you laugh, smile, and feel warm and fuzzy? Read ahead for my favorite Olaf sayings that will make you want to rewatch Frozen and Frozen II!
It’s no secret that Olaf is one of the most beloved Disney characters of all time.
Although Anna and Elsa were hugely popular characters from the Frozen franchise, Olaf’s fun one-liners took the movies to the next level.
Whether he’s talking about summer or is joking about true love or funky trivia, the best Olaf quotes will make you laugh out loud.
And when you’re not chuckling, you’ll probably be tearing up when he’s telling Anna and Elsa how much he loves them!
Now let’s uncover the best Olaf quotes that you’ll LOVE.
Who is Olaf?
Olaf is a magical snowman who first appears in the Kingdom of Arendelle when Elsa accidentally sends the area into an eternal winter.
Anna immediately recognizes him as the adorable snowman she and Elsa built when they were kids.
After singing a hilarious song about summer, Olaf joins forces with Anna and Kristoff to find Elsa and return Arendelle to summertime.
And yes – he’s a snowman who loves summer. Don’t question it too much!
As well as being hilarious, Olaf is kind, slightly naïve, and shares traits that both Anna and Elsa have.
He’s also selfless and optimistic, so he’s never afraid to put himself in harm’s way to help others (which happens in both films!).
What is the Story Behind Olaf?
If you’re wondering how Olaf came to be, he was created using Elsa’s ice powers.
He was built using snow flurries and is based on a snowman that Anna and Elsa built when they were kids (before Anna is struck by ice!).
He’s technically formed because Arendelle is plunged into an eternal winter, but he quickly becomes a key part of the story.
Not only does he help Anna find Elsa in her ice palace, but he’s a significant source of comic relief throughout the films!
Plus, he shows just how important true love is for thawing a frozen heart as he’s willing to sacrifice himself multiple times.
Who Voices Olaf?
Olaf is voiced by comic legend Josh Gad in everything to do with Frozen.
That includes the two major cinematic releases (Frozen and Frozen II) and 2 short films.
As Josh Gad is a successful musical theatre star (you may have seen him in The Book of Mormon!), he also sings all of Olaf’s songs.
So, when you hear “In Summer” and “When I Am Older”, you’re hearing the same voice actor!
The Best Olaf Quotes
Olaf Quotes from Frozen (2013)
- Anna: I’m Anna.
Olaf: And who’s the funky-looking donkey over there?
Anna: That’s Sven.
Olaf: Uh-huh, and who’s the reindeer?
Olaf: Oh they’re bo – oh! Okay. Makes things easier for me.
2. Kristoff: Your hair it’s turning white.
Anna: Does it look bad? [beat]
Olaf: You hesitated.
3.”[after getting pierced by an icicle] Oh, look at that. I’ve been impaled.”
4. “Oh, I love it. It’s so cute. It’s like a little baby unicorn. [touches his new carrot nose excitedly]”
5. “I don’t have a skull. Or bones.”
6. Olaf: Hi, Sven’s family! It’s nice to meet you! [whispering]
Olaf: Because I love you, Anna, I insist you run. [loud, slow voice]
Olaf: I understand you’re love experts. Ooh! [whispering]
Olaf : Why aren’t you running?
7. “All right! Let’s go kiss Hans! Who is this Hans?”
8. “Hi, everyone. I’m Olaf and I like warm hugs!”
9. “Hands down, this is the best day of my life. [Starts melting] And quite possibly the last.”
10. “Whoa, you really don’t know anything about love, do you?”
11. “Ooh, do me a favor and grab my butt.”
12. “What am I looking at here? Why are you hanging from the earth by your feet like bats?”
13. “I guess I was wrong. I guess Kristoff doesn’t love you enough to leave you behind.”
14. “That’s okay, I do. Love… is… putting someone else’s needs before yours; like, you know, how Kristoff brought you back here to Hans and left you forever.”
15. “Some people are worth melting for…”
16. “Hey, Anna! Sven! Where’d you guys go? We totally lost Marshmallow back there!”
17. “So I’m made of snow, and I’m walking on snow. That’s kind of weird.”
18. “An act of true love will thaw a frozen heart.”
19. “Hey we were just talking about you! All good things, all good things!”
Olaf Quotes from Frozen 2 (2019)
20. ““Change mocks us with her beauty.”
21. “Anna? Elsa? Sven? Samantha? [pause; Olaf bursts out laughing] [in between giggles] I-I don’t even know a Samantha!”
22. “I bet you’re wondering who we are and why we’re here. It’s really quite simple. It began with two sisters. One born with magical powers, and one born powerless, with her love of snowmen, infinite.”
23. “Advancing technologies will be both our savior and our doom.”
24. “We’re calling this ‘controlling what you can when things feel out of control.’”
25. “Tell me, you’re older, and thus all-knowing, do you ever worry about the notion that nothing is permanent?”
26. “Really? Wow, I can’t wait until I’ve aged just like you, so I don’t have to worry about important things.”
27. “I just find clothes restricting.”
28. “Come on. It’ll be fun. Assuming we don’t get stuck here, and no one ever finds us, and you starve and I give up.”
29. “Elsa: [vocalizing] Olaf: [vocalizing off-key] Anna: Olaf, maybe only one of you should do that? Olaf: I agree, she’s a little pitchy.”
30. “Don’t chew that, you don’t know what I’ve stepped in.”
31. “I’ll bring the snacks!”
32. “Well, at least they have their parents! Their parents are dead.”
33. “What’s this? I’m… flurrying? That’s not it… I’m flurrying away. The Magic in me… it’s fading.”
34. “I’m sorry Anna. You’re gonna have to do the next part on your own. Ok?”
35. “[weakly] Oh, that’s good. Hey Anna… I thought of one thing that’s permanent. Love.”
36. “Did you know gorillas burp when they’re happy?”
37. “Who knows the ways of men.”
38. “Did you know that water has memory? True fact.”
39. “Did you know that wombats poop squares?”
40. “[sung] ‘Cause when you’re older, absolutely everything makes sense!”
41. “I’d hold your hair back but I can’t find my arms.”
42. “Olaf: Water has memory. The water that makes up you and me has passed through at least four humans and/or animals before us. [Sven spits it out] And remembers *everything*.”
43. “You do the best voices! Like when you pretend to be Kristoff.”
44. “I mean I presume we’re done or is this “putting us in mortal danger” situation gonna be a regular thing?”
45. “Oh, the giants – they’re HUGE!”
46. Anna: Enjoying your new permafrost, Olaf?
Olaf: Oh Anna, I’m just living the dream.
47. “Forgive me. Maturity is making me poetic.”
48. “Did you know that an enchanted forest is a place of transformation?”
49. “Turtles can breathe through their butts.”
50. Olaf: And Anna freezes to death forever.
Mattias: Oh Anna.
Olaf: Then she unfreezes! Oh and then Elsa woke up the magical spirits and we were forced out of our kingdom. Now our only hope is to find the truth about the past but we don’t have a clue how to do that except Elsa’s hearing voices, so we got that going for us. Any questions?
51. “Well, that was unanimous—but I will look it up when we get home.”
52. “Just maybe not right this second.”
53. “I like to consider myself a love expert.”
54. “Magic pulses through my snowflakes. I live!”
55. “This is why we don’t play with fire! Aww, I can’t stay mad at you. You’re so cute!”
Olaf Quotes from Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
56. “So you chop down a tree and dress its corpse with candles? I… love it!”
57. “Breaking and entering: okay on Christmas.”
58. “Would it be possible to have one of those awkwardly revealing yet traditionally tasteful towels your family is so fond of wearing?”
59. “[Whispers to Anna] You’re a princess, you don’t have to settle.”
60. “[after swallowing a piping hot fruitcake that falls through his body; slightly dismayed] Aw, that went right through me.”
61. “Ah… Yeah! So nice to take your coals off once in a while, you know what I mean?”
62. “[as he is being chased by wolves, while holding onto a holiday fruitcake; desperate] Please! I know you’re hungry, but I need to have at least one tradition for my best friends. The fate of the world depends on it!”
63. “Well, I guess hawks need traditions too.”
Olaf Quotes from Frozen Fever
64. “I can’t read… or spell.”
65. “[to the Snowgies which appear] Little brothers!”
66. Kristoff: There’s a fine line between chaos…
Olaf: …and a hullabaloo!”
Olaf Quotes About Summer
67. “Winter’s a good time to stay in and cuddle but put me in summer and I’ll be a… happy snowman!”
68. “Oh, I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved the idea of summer, and sun, and all things hot!”
69. “Yeah, it really is beautiful, isn’t it? But it’s so white. How about a little color?”
70. “Whoa, so this is heat. I love it! Ow, but don’t touch it!”
Quotes About Olaf
71. “I’m guessing you don’t have much experience with heat.”
72. “Olaf! You’re melting!”
73. “Did you know sleeping quietly on long journeys prevents insanity?”
74. “I could really use a bright side, Olaf.”
FAQs About Olaf
What is Olaf’s favorite thing?
Despite being a snowman, Olaf’s favorite things are warm hugs, love, and summer!
Is Olaf a guy or a girl?
It’s not strictly said whether Olaf is a guy or a girl, but the snowman’s voice and name suggest that he’s a boy!
Why are Olaf’s flowers purple?
If you didn’t know, Olaf’s purple tulips appear when he dies in the cave with Anna. These flowers are called Jacaranda flowers and they’re said to represent wisdom, wealth, good luck, and rebirth! So, the flowers appearing when Olaf dies signals that he’ll reappear at the end of the movie. Phew!
Why does Olaf not melt?
Olaf doesn’t melt in the first movie as Arendelle is freezing. But he also doesn’t melt as Elsa gives him a flurry of permafrost that’ll keep him from melting!
Is Olaf Elsa’s child?
Not technically – he was created from her powers and was given a personality. So, Olaf isn’t Elsa’s child!
Is Olaf in Moana?
If you love Easter Eggs, you’ll spot Olaf in Moana’s basket when she first starts her journey to find Maui. It’s hard to see, but his nose is poking out from underneath her stuff!
There you have it: my list of the best Olaf quotes that feel exactly like a warm hug. What are your favorite Olaf quotes? I’d love to hear them in the comments below!
If you can’t get enough of Disney quotes, then you’ll adore these posts!
- 125 Disney Quotes About Love to Make Your Heart Flutter!
- 140 Peter Pan Quotes to Fill Your Day With Magic
- 60+ Best Coco Movie Quotes
- 50+ Best Edna Mode Quotes That Are Completely Iconic
- 45 Best Enchanted Quotes That You’ll ADORE
- 87 Best Mickey Mouse Quotes
Grace is the creator, editor, and sole writer for Pixie Dust and Passports – a blog that’s ALL about Disney! She’s made it her life’s mission to visit the Disney parks as much as possible and loves trying new snacks, grabbing the latest spirit jerseys, and rocking Loungefly bags. Oh, and she also holds a BA in History from UCL, which makes her a research and deep-dive enthusiast into all things Imagineering.