Are you looking for a bumper list of Lady and the Tramp quotes? I’ve rounded up an incredible list of quotes that will make you both laugh and cry! And really, who doesn’t love dogs?!
Lady and the Tramp was one of the first Disney films I ever watched, and I didn’t quite understand how meaningful it was.
It technically comments on relationships between dogs and humans while also stating how animals can feel neglected after new arrivals.
The original movie may have been released way back in 1955, but the release of the 2019 live-action version refreshed our memories.
And it honestly reminded me how wonderful this film truly is!
Whether you’re looking for a good cry (which you’ll get with this touching movie!) or want a chuckle or two, I’ve got you covered.
Now let’s dive into this list of amazing Lady and the Tramp quotes!
Lady and the Tramp Summary
Lady and the Tramp tells the story of a pampered and purchased cocker spaniel called Lady who is gifted to Darling by her husband.
Although Lady starts off completely pampered, she finds herself ignored and struggling after the family has a baby.
Throw in the spiteful Siamese cats Si and Am (plus the meddlesome Aunt Sarah!), and it starts to bring out thoughts of giving Lady away.
And that’s because she’s supposedly a threat to the new baby and wreaking havoc (that’s actually caused by the cats!)
Because of a series of unfortunate events, Lady finds herself running loose on the streets where she meets the fun-loving tough mutt Tramp.
Despite coming from different backgrounds, an amazing love story starts to form between the two dogs.
But will they be able to stick together through it all? Will Lady make it home?
You’ll have to watch the movie to find out!
Lady and the Tramp Quotes (1955)
Lady Quotes from Lady and the Tramp
1. “If you grow careless, don’t blame me. And I don’t care if the Cossacks do pick you up! Goodbye! And take this with you!”
2. Tramp: What’s wrong, pidge?
Lady: A rat! Tramp: Where?
Lady: Upstairs, in the baby’s room.
Tramp: Which way do I get in?
Lady: Through the little door, on the porch.
3. Lady: But when she put that horrible muzzle on me….
Tramp: Oh, say no more. I get the whole picture. Aunts, cats, muzzles. Well, that’s what comes of tying yourself down to one family.
Tramp Quotes from Lady and the Tramp
4. “And by a lucky coincidence, you see before you, modeled by the lovely little lady, the new, improved, patented, handy-dandy, never-failed, little-giant log puller! The Busy Beaver’s Friend!”
5. “But remember this, Pigeon, a human heart has only so much room for love and affection. When a baby moves in, the dog moves out.”
6. “It kind of feels like home.”
7. Tramp: Not to change the subject, but, um… ever chased chickens?
Lady: I should say not! Tramp: Oh-ho, then you’ve never lived!
Lady: But we shouldn’t.
Tramp: I know. That’s what makes it fun. Aw, come on, kid. Start building some memories.
8. “Exactly. Life on a leash. Look again, Pige. Look, there’s a great big hunk of world down there, with no fence around it. Where two dogs can find adventure and excitement. And beyond those distant hills, who knows what wonderful experiences? And it’s all ours for the taking, Pige. It’s all ours.”
9. “Well! Snob Hill.”
10. [to a pair of pigeons] Hi, gals. How’s pickin’s? [the pigeons fly away] Pretty slim, eh?
11. “You see, Pidge, when you’re footloose and collar-free, well, you take nothing but the best.”
12. “[looking around at the rich end of town] I’ll bet they got a lid on every trash can.”
13. Lady: Haven’t you a family?
Tramp: One for every day of the week. The point is, none of them have me.
Lady: I’m afraid I don’t understand. Tramp: It’s simple. You see… Hey! Something tells me it’s supper-time. Come on. I’ll show you what I mean. Now take the Schultzes here. Little Fritzie… That’s me, Pidge. Makes this his Monday home.
Lady: Monday home?
Tramp: Ach, ja! Mondays is Mama Schultz cooking der Wiener schnitzel. Delicious! Now, O’Brien’s here is where little Mike…sure and that’s me again, Pidge. Comes of a Tuesday. Lady: Of a Tuesday?
Tramp: Begorra and that’s when they’re after havin’ that darlin’ corn beef. [switches to normal voice] You see, Pidge when you’re footloose and collar-free… ah, you take nothing but the best.
14. Tony: Hey, Joe! Look! Butch-a, he’s got a new girlfriend.
Joe: Well, a-son of a gun! He’s a got a cockerel Spanish-a girl.
Tony: Hey, she’s pretty sweet kiddo, Butch. You take-a Tony’s advice and settle down with this-a one, eh? Hehehe.
Lady: “This-a one”?
Tramp: This-a one… this-a… Oh! Tony, you know. He’s-a not-a speak-a English-a pretty good.
15. “The voice of experience, buster. Heh-heh. Boy, just wait ’til Junior gets here. You feel the urge for a nice, comfortable scratch, and…”Put that dog out! He’ll get fleas all over the baby!” You start barking at some strange mutt. “Stop that racket, you’ll wake the baby!” And then, then they hit you in the room and board department. Oh, remember those nice, juicy cuts of beef? Forget ’em. Leftover baby food. And that nice, warm bed by the fire? A leaky dog house.”
Lady and the Tramp Quotes From Other Characters
16. Lady: What’s a… baby?
Jock: Well, they… they resemble humans.
Trusty: But I’d say a mite smaller.
Jock: Aye, and they walk on all fours.
Trusty: And if I remember correctly… they beller a lot. Jock: Aye, and they’re very expensive. You’ll no be permitted to play wi’ it.
Trusty: But they’re mighty sweet. Jock: And very very soft.
Tramp: Just a cute little bundle… of trouble!
17. Jim Dear: [giving Darling a hatbox] It’s for you, Darling. Merry Christmas.
Darling: Oh, Jim Dear. It’s the one I was admiring, isn’t it? Trimmed with ribbons?
Jim Dear: Well, it has a ribbon, huh? [The box is opened; inside is a young cocker spaniel]
Darling: Oh, how sweet!
Jim Dear: You like her, darling?
Darling: Oh, I love her. What a perfectly beautiful little lady.
18. “Dinnae listen, lassie. No human is that cruel!” – Jock
19. “Lady, though I dare say the name doesn’t suit her.” – Aunt Sarah
20. “We are Siamese if you please. We are Siamese if you don’t please.” – Si and Am
21. “Ah, but someday he is meeting someone different. Some delicate, fragile creature who’s giving him a wish to shelter and protect.” – Boris
22. “It’s like Gorky says in “Lower Depths”. Quote, “Miserable being must find more miserable being. Then, he is happy.” Unquote.” – Boris
23. “Ah, but remember, my friends. Even Tramp has his Achilles heel.” – Boris
24. “Aye, dreamin’ of those bonnie bygone days when he and his grandfather were tracking criminals through the swamps.” – Jock
25. Trusty: That’s right, Miss Lady; as my grandpappy, Ol’ Reliable used to say… I don’t recollect that I’ve ever mentioned Ol’ Reliable before?
Jock: Aye, ye have, laddie. Frequently.
26. “Okay, he’s a-talkin’ to you! You the boss!” – Joe
27. Bulldog in Pound: He has an eye for a well-turned paw, he has. Let’s see, there’s been Lulu…
Toughy: Yeah, and Trixie…
Dachsie: Und Fifi…
Pedro: And my sister, Rosita Chiquita Juanita Chihuahua. I think.
28. “You see, miss Lady, there comes a time in the life of all humans when uh… well as they put it… uh, the birds and the bees?” – Trusty
29. “Why, everybody knows a dog’s best friend is his human.” – Trusty
30. Jock: Lassie?
Lassie? Trusty: [very loudly] OHHHHHH, MISS LADY, MAM? MISS LAAAADY.
31. “You little mutt! I’ll lock you in the pound, I swear it!” – Dog Catchers
32. “This time you knew the truth, lassie. It shouldn’t have happened to a dog.” – Jock
33. Jock: But, well… Trusty has lost his sense of smell.
Lady: [gasps] No! Jock: But we must never let on that we know, lassie. ‘T would break his poor heart.
34. “Aye. It seems only yesterday she was cuttin’ her teeth on Jim Dear’s slippers. And now, there she is, a full-grown lady.” – Jock
35. Jim Dear: Darling, look.
Aunt Sarah: And if you want my advice, you’ll destroy that animal at once.
Dog Catcher: Don’t worry, Ma’am. We’ve been after this one for months. We’ll take care of him.
Darling: Well, what do you suppose…?
Jim Dear: Say, what’s going on here?
Dog Catcher: Just picking up a stray, mister. Come on, get up! Caught him attacking a baby.
Jim Dear: Good heavens!
Darling: My baby!
Jim Dear: Aunt Sarah!
Darling: Aunt Sarah! Aunt Sarah!
Jim Dear: Aunt Sarah!
Darling: Aunt Sarah!
36. Tramp: Well, here we are.
Lady: The zoo?
Tramp: Sure! No, no. This way. Follow me.
Lady: Oh! Tramp: What’s the matter, Pidge?
Lady: We can’t go in.
Tramp: Why not?
Lady: Well, the sign says, “No Dogs Allowed.”
Tramp: Yeah, well, well, that’s… That’s the angle.
Tramp: Look, we’ll just wait for the right…Uh-oh! Here we are now. Just lay low.
Zoo Security Guard: Hey, you!
Professor: Uh, I beg your pardon? Were you addressing me?
Zoo Security Guard: What’s the matter?! [shows the professor the “No Dogs Allowed” sign] Can’t you read?!
Professor: Why, yes. Several languages.
Zoo Security Guard: Oh, a wise guy, eh? All right, now…what’s this creature doing here?
Professor: He’s not my dog. [Tramp jumps into the professor’s arms]
Zoo Security Guard: Oh, he’s not, eh?!
Professor: Let go! Go away! Go on! Why, certainly not, officer.
Zoo Security Guard: Aye, and I suppose you’ll be telling me next that it was the dog that was whistling, eh?!
Professor: I-I-I’m certain I don’t know.
Zoo Security Guard: Oh, so, I’m a liar now, am I?! Well, you listen to me! Resisting an officer of the law! Oh, you’re going to pay! [Tramp bites the zoo security guard’s buttocks] OW!! Pull a knife on me, would you?! Trying to assassinate me, are you?! Carrying a concealed weapon! Tramp: Come on, Pidge. The place is ours. [he enters the zoo with Lady, as the zoo security guard and the professor continue fighting]
Lady and the Tramp Quotes (2019)
37. “I’m free to be myself and by myself.” – Tramp
38. “I had a home and a family. I had it all. They loved me and I loved them. And then, one day, it all changed. I waited in that spot all day and all night.” – Tramp
39. “People are not loyal and the sooner you start looking out for yourself, and only yourself, the better.” – Tramp
40. “Maybe I was wrong about you!” – Tramp
41. “I’m not the center of their world anymore but our world is bigger.” – Lady
42. “I may be small, but I am mighty!” – Jock
43. “Being free without you there, that’s just being alone.” – Tramp
44. Server: “Dogs don’t talk.”
Boss: “Well, he’s talking to me.”
45. “Well, you’ll always be the Tramp to me.” – Lady
46. “I’ve never howled before”. – Lady
47. “There was a lot behind that fence! My life was full of love and meaning. I was a part of something special. We were a family.” – Lady
48. “We’re not a family without you.” – Darling to Lady
49. “I had a home and a family. I had it all. They loved me and I loved them. And then, one day, it all changed. I waited in that spot all day and all night.” – Tramp
50. “Replaced by a baby? It makes no sense! Can a baby provide him and Darling with a sense of wholeness and a reason to live?” – Lady
51. “You know, street dogs are just like us. They just aren’t lucky enough to have homes. That’s all.” – Lady
52. “You’re about to be replaced.” – Tramp
53. “Bad dog? What did I do wrong?” – Lady
54. “Another perfect day, better get them up!” – Lady
55. “She’s the perfect little lady.” – Darling
56. “You may think that you know people, but you don’t know my people. They wouldn’t let me end up on the street on purpose.” – Lady
57. “I’m not so sure I still have a home to get back to.” – Lady
58. “People just don’t do loyalty. Not like us dogs.” – Tramp
What is the message of Lady and the Tramp?
The message of Lady and the Tramp is quite simple: it’s that love can rise above all else. It also makes a comment that love doesn’t depend on background, it’s just about making connections.
Are the Lady and the Tramp in love?
They fall in love together over the course of the movie. This is saying a lot as Tramp is quite the womanizer before he falls for Lady.
What does Lady from Lady and the Tramp call her owners?
Lady never hears actual names for Darling, so she assumes that’s her female owner’s name!
What is Tramp’s real name?
Tramp never gives himself a real name, but it’s said that Tramp was originally called Homer, Rags, or Bozo in early drafts of the movie!
What breed was Tramp?
Tramp is a mongrel that’s probably a mix between a schnauzer and terrier.
Is Tramp brown or Grey?
Tramp’s color changes slightly throughout the movie from a dark brown to a grey color!
Why does Tramp call Lady Pidge?
It’s a bit strange, but Pidge is a short form for pigeon. So, he’s basically calling her a “bird” which is slang for a woman! It’s also said to be a reference to Lady’s naivety and skittishness.
There you have it: the ultimate list of Lady and the Tramp quotes that are bound to move you.
What are your favorite Lady and the Tramp quotes? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
- 95 Best Jafar Quotes (+ FAQs Answered!)
- 35+ Iconic Cruella de Vil Quotes for Disney Fans
- 140 Peter Pan Quotes to Fill Your Day With Magic
- 70+ Best Olaf Quotes That Feel Like a Warm Hug!
- 50+ Best Edna Mode Quotes That Are Completely Iconic
- 45 Best Enchanted Quotes That You’ll ADORE