If you’ve been feeling down lately, then you may be on the hunt for some Buzz Lightyear quotes that will instantly lift your spirits.
This character is actively hilarious when he first bursts onto the scene. I mean – he thinks he’s a real-life space ranger!
As the original Toy Story movie progresses, it becomes clear that Buzz Lightyear is heroic, loyal, and always willing to help his owner Andy and best friend Woody.
Buzz Lightyear is an iconic Pixar character who has appeared in several successful films. We first meet the delusional toy in the original 1995 Toy Story film. But we most recently saw him in the spin-off prequel Lightyear.
Whether you’re watching the Tim Allen or Chris Evans version of the character, you’re bound to recognize a few of these amazing Buzz Lightyear quotes.
Just be sure to grab some tissues when we get to the Toy Story 4 quotes!
The Best Buzz Lightyear Quotes
If you’re looking to relive your childhood, then the original Toy Story movie is the place to start. Well, if you’re a Millennial like me it is!
This film is where we’re first introduced to Buzz Lightyear. At this point, the character thinks it’s his mission to protect the galaxy from the evil Emperor Zurg.
The rest of Andy’s toys think he’s amazing, but the tried-and-true cowboy toy Woody isn’t a fan.
These amazing Buzz Lightyear quotes cover Woody and Buzz’s relationship and Buzz’s gradual realization that he’s a toy.
It’s all pretty emotional stuff, so make sure you’re strapped in.
Buzz Lightyear Quotes from Toy Story 1 (1995)
1. “Excuse me, I think the word you’re searching for is ‘Space Ranger’.”
2. “Well, no. I’m actually stationed at the Gamma Quadrant, Sector Four. As a member of the elite Universe Protection Unit of the Space Ranger Corps, I protect the Galaxy from the threat of invasion from the evil Emperor Zurg, sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance!”
3. “This is an intergalactic emergency.”
4. “Do you know these life forms?”
5. “I am Buzz Lightyear; I come in peace.”
6. Woody: “AAAAAH! This is the part where we blow up!”
Buzz: “Not today.”
7. “To infinity, and beyond!”
8. “I tell you – I could fly around this room with my eyes closed!”
9. “Andy’s House, Sid’s House. What’s the difference?”
10. “Negative. There are no restraining harnesses in the cargo area. We’ll be much safer in the cockpit.”
Funny Buzz Lightyear Quotes From Toy Story
11. “I just want you to know that even though you tried to terminate me, revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet.”
12. “[breaking down to Woody while dressed as Mrs. Nesbit] Years of Academy training wasted.”
13. “One minute you’re defending the whole galaxy, and, suddenly, you find yourself sucking down Darjeeling with Marie Antoinette… and her little sister.”
14. “Because of YOU, the future of this entire universe is in jeopardy!”
15. “My ship has crash landed here by mistake.”
16. “I’ve set my laser from stun to kill.”
17. “I would like to inform you that we don’t have violence on my planet.”
18. “There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere…”
19. “My eyeballs could have been sucked from their sockets!”
20. “You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.”
21. “Sheriff, I can see your indwelling from here. You’re almost home.”
22. Woody: “Hey, Buzz! You’re flying!”
Buzz: “This isn’t flying, this is falling with style!”
23. “I don’t believe that man has ever been to medical school.”
Buzz Lightyear Quotes from Toy Story 2 (1999)
Toy Story 2 was a worthy sequel to the first movie.
It follows Woody, Buzz, and the gang as they try to bust a kidnapping toy thief called Al (from Al’s Toy Barn!).
Right at the start of the film, Woody finds himself in a yard sale after trying to rescue a fellow toy. From there, he’s taken by Al who wishes to sell him to a high-profile toy museum in Japan.
Along the way, he meets Jessie, Bullseye, and the Old Prospector. Oh, and we meet Zurg for the very first time!
It’s all very exciting stuff, folks.
24. [when Buzz meets Buzz at Al’s Toy Barn] “Am I that fat?”
25. Emperor Zurg: Surrender, Buzz Lightyear. *I* have won.
Buzz Lightyear #2: I’ll never give in. You killed my father!
Emperor Zurg: No, Buzz. I *am* your father!
Buzz Lightyear #2: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
26. [to Woody] Somewhere in that pad of stuffing is a toy who taught me that life’s only worth living if you’re being loved by a kid. And I traveled all this way to rescue that toy because I believed him.
27. “We have a friend in need, and we will not rest until he’s safe in Andy’s room! Now, let’s move out!”
28. “Woody once risked his life to save mine, and I couldn’t call myself his friend if I wasn’t willing to do the same. Now, who’s with me?”
29. “Uh, ma – ma’am? I, uh, um, well, I just wanted to say you’re a bright young woman with a beautiful yarn full of hair. A hair full of yarn. It’s ah… um… I must go.”
30. Buzz Lightyear: “Don’t worry, Woody. In just a few hours you’ll be sitting around a campfire with Andy making delicious hot Schmoes.
Woody: [lamely] They’re called “S’mores”, Buzz.
Buzz Lightyear: Yes, yes. Of course.
31. Buzz Lightyear: [walking up to Woody] You still worried?
Woody: About Andy? Nah. It’ll be fun while it lasts.
Buzz Lightyear: I’m proud of you, cowboy.
Woody: Besides, when it all ends, I’ll have old Buzz Lightyear to keep me company. For infinity and beyond.
Buzz Lightyear Quotes from Toy Story 3 (2010)
During Toy Story 3, the toys get transported to Sunnyside Daycare as Andy prepares to leave the college. He technically meant to put the toys in the attic, but his mom donates them to the daycare by accident.
I won’t spoil the movie, but Buzz finds a love interest, speaks Spanish, and creates a daring escape plan during this flick!
32. “We’re going in the attic now, folks. Keep your accessories with you at all times. Spare parts, batteries, anything you need for an orderly transition.”
33. Jessie: “Buzz! We’re your friends!” Buzz Lightyear: “Spare me your lies, temptress! Your emperor’s defeated, and I’m immune to your bewitching good looks.”
34. [Hamm plays the harmonica inside his cubby cell but Buzz soon stops him] Buzz Lightyear: [Knocking on the cell] “Quiet, musical hog!”
35. [walks over to Woody] “Our mission with Andy is complete, Woody.”
36. The important thing is that we stick together.”
37. “Who goes there? Friend or foe?”
38. And this, is Buzz Lightyear, the coolest toy ever! Look! He can fly, oh, and shoot lasers! – Andy
Buzz Lightyear Quotes from Toy Story 4 (2019)
40. Woody: No, no, I need to do this, that little voice inside me would never leave me alone if I gave up.
Buzz Lightyear: Huh… Who do you think it is?
Woody: Who? Buzz Lightyear: The voice inside of you, who do you think it is?
Woody: Uh, me? You know, my conscience. The part of you that tells you things, what you’re really thinking.
Buzz Lightyear: Fascinating. So, your inner voice advises you!
41. “No time to explain – attack!”
42. [after Buzz Lightyear and his friends leave Woody and Bo Peep]
Rex: Does this mean… Woody’s a lost toy?
Buzz Lightyear: He’s not lost. Not anymore. To infinity…
Woody: …and beyond.
Quotes from Lightyear (2022)
43. “I’m Buzz Lightyear. I’m always sure.”
44. “Not today, IVAN!”
45. “The faster I fly, the further into the future I travel.”
46. “We did it! Sox, we did it!”
47. “I’m better off just doing the job myself.”
48. “You know what Sox; I’m not giving up on my mission either.”
49. “Commander, it’s Captain Lightyear!”
50. Buzz: “Sox, how long were we gone?”
Sox: “Meow, meow, meow, meow, 22 years”
51. “So, everyone’s just stuck here? Because of me?”
52. “I’m court marshaling myself.”
53. Buzz Lightyear: “The ship. It’s sinking!”
Alisha Hawthorne: Everyone, back to the turnip!
“Commander, this is my mistake. I need to make it right.”
Buzz Lightyear; Oh, so not it’s the turnip.
54. “A year of work for a four-minute flight. Isn’t that something?”
I hope that you’ve enjoyed these amazing Buzz Lightyear quotes.
As you can see, Buzz comes out with some seriously memorable lines during the Toy Story movies!
What’s your favorite Buzz Lightyear saying? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
Are you on the hunt for more awesome Disney quotes? If so, you’ll love these related posts.
- 25 Baymax Quotes That Will Lift Your Spirits
- 21 Iconic Cruella de Vil Quotes for Disney Fans
- 25 101 Dalmatians Quotes That You’ll LOVE!
- 27 Disney Princess Quotes To Inspire You
Grace is the creator, editor, and sole writer for Pixie Dust and Passports – a blog that’s ALL about Disney! She’s made it her life’s mission to visit the Disney parks as much as possible and loves trying new snacks, grabbing the latest spirit jerseys, and rocking Loungefly bags. Oh, and she also holds a BA in History from UCL, which makes her a research and deep-dive enthusiast into all things Imagineering.