Whether you’re looking for Dumbo quotes for your new nursery or just need a midweek pick-me-up, you’re bound to love these amazing sayings!
Dumbo was released way back in 1941, but it’s stood the test of time and has become one of Disney’s most beloved animated movies.
Although I’ll usually go back to the original animated flick when I’m feeling low, you might want to keep things real with the 2019 live-action version. It’s equally adorable but slightly darker and more mystical!
The movie follows the charming and big-eared circus elephant Dumbo, and he truly lifts the traveling troupe when he learns to fly!
There are some dark moments along the way, but Dumbo remains one of the most incredible Disney animated movies of the 20th century.
So, whether you’re having a terrible day or want to boost your already-good mood with a few inspirational Dumbo sayings, I’ve got you covered!
Best Dumbo Quotes
1. “The very things that held you down are gonna carry you up and up and up.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
2. “A guy can’t eat in peace.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
3. “I’m gonna take care of your future.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
4. “You’re standing on the threshold of success. Don’t look down, it’ll make you dizzy.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
5. “Must have overdid it in there, don’t know my own strength sometimes.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
6. “Dumbo! The ninth wonder of the universe! The world’s only flying elephant!” – Timothy Q. Mouse
7. Glasses Crow: “Did you ever see an elephant fly?”
Preacher Crow: “Well, I’ve seen a horse fly…”
Fat Crow: “Ah, I’ve seen a dragon fly…” Straw Hat Crow: “I’ve seen a house fly!”
Jim Crow: “I’ve seen all that, too! I seen a peanut stand and heard a rubber band! I seen a needle that winked its eye!”
8. “I think I will have seen everything when I see an elephant fly.” — Jim Crow
9. “No. Dead people don’t snore… Or do they?” — Fat Crow
10. “You’re no cream puff yourself, dearie!” — Catty
Cute Dumbo Quotes
11. “Some days deserve an extra dose of cute.” – Dumbo
12. “Straight from heaven up above, here is a baby for you to love.” – Mr. Stork
13. “What’s the matter with his ears? I don’t see nothing wrong with them. I think they’re cute.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
14. “Dumbo! You flew! Boy am I stupid. Why didn’t I think of this before? Your ears! Just look at them, Dumbo! Why, they’re perfect wings!” — Timothy Q. Mouse
Emotional Dumbo Quotes
15. “You oughtta be ashamed of yourselves! A bunch of big guys like you, picking on a poor little orphan like him. Suppose you was torn away from your mother when you was just a baby. Nobody to tuck you in at nights. No warm, soft, caressing trunk to snuggle into. How would you like being left out alone, in a cold, cruel, heartless world?” – Timothy Q. Mouse
16. “Dumbo! Look! Have I got it! The magic feather! Now you can fly!” – Timothy Q. Mouse
17. “They’re giving him the cold shoulder. Poor little guy. There he goes, without a friend in the world. Nobody to turn to.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
18. “Your mother’ll be so proud of you, I’ll be proud of you, too. The whole circus be proud of you.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
19. “What’s the use of talking to you cold-hearted boys? Go ahead! Have your fun! Laugh at him! Kick him now that he’s down! Go on! We don’t care.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
Dumbo Mother Quotes
20. “Rest your head close to my heart never to part, baby of mine.” – Mrs. Jumbo
21. “A mother’s love is the ultimate comfort.” – Dumbo
22. “Just because he’s got those big ears, they call him a freak. The laughingstock of the circus. And when his mother tried to protect him, they threw her into the clink.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
23. “Your ma ain’t crazy. She’s just broken-hearted. And it ain’t nobody’s fault you got them big ears. Dumbo, I think your ears are beautiful! As a matter of fact, I think they’re very decorative. Lots of people with big ears are famous!” — Timothy Q. Mouse
24. “I know how you feel, Dumbo, but you’ll have to pull yourself together. What would your mother think of you, if she saw you crying like this? Remember, you come from a proud race.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
Dumbo Inspirational Quotes
25. “Nothing stops him, he’ll get through.” – Narrator
26. “Embrace what makes you different.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
27. “You oughta be proud. You’re a success.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
28. “Cast your doubts aside and fly.” – ‘Dumbo
29. “Don’t just fly, soar!” — Dumbo
30. “Hot diggety! You’re flyin’! You’re flyin’!” – Timothy Q. Mouse
How did Dumbo get his name?
Although he should have been called Jumbo Jr. (after his mother), the circus brand him Dumbo because of his large ears.
Is Dumbo a true story?
It’s believed that Dumbo is based on the life of the African bush elephant Sudan who was born in 1860. This beautiful elephant’s mother was tragically killed by poachers, and he was subsequently sold to the Italian animal dealer Lorenzo Casanova.
Does Dumbo ever see his mom again?
In the animated movie, Dumbo’s mother is removed from the elephant jail and placed into a private train cart. In the live-action movie, Dumbo and his mother are both released into the wild and receive an amazing happy ending!
How did Dumbo learn to fly?
Dumbo receives a magical feather that enabled him to take flight with his ears! But there’s also a hefty dose of self-belief involved!
Was Dumbo a real elephant in the new movie?
Dumbo was created entirely using CGI for the new 2019 movie!
There you have it: a list of the best Dumbo quotes that will help inspire you (and encourage you to reach for the stars)!
Did you enjoy these heart-warming Dumbo quotes? If so, you might want to explore a few other incredible Disney quotes that will lift your spirits!
- 75+ Best Encanto Quotes to Make You Believe in Magic
- 87 Best Mickey Mouse Quotes
- 25 101 Dalmatians Quotes That You’ll LOVE!
- 25 Baymax Quotes That Will Lift Your Spirits
- 65 Best Tinker Bell Quotes
- 21 Iconic Cruella de Vil Quotes for Disney Fans
- The 30+ Best Tow Mater Quotes To Make You Chuckle