Whether you need a pick-me-up or just want to learn more about one of Disney’s most famous characters, you’re bound to love these Tinker Bell quotes!
With her adorable dress, lashings of pixie dust, and positive attitude, it’s no surprise that Tinker Bell has become one of the most popular Disney characters of all time.
If you didn’t know, Tinker Bell was originally created by J.M Barrie in the 1904 play Peter Pan. But she’s been rocking the silver screen since 1953!
This pint-sized pixie has appeared in several Disney movies and adds a dash of sparkle to everything she touches.
Although this post includes Tinker Bell quotes from Peter Pan and Hook, most of these amazing sayings come from the seven popular fairy movies that started with Tinker Bell in 2008!
So, without further ado, let’s uncover the best Tinker Bell quotes that will make you smile!
Who is Tinkerbell?
Tinker Bell is Disney’s most popular fairy, and she’s known for producing pixie dust, helping Peter Pan, and being a tinker fairy.
As a tinker fairy, she has a knack for fixing everything from pots to acorn caps.
But although you might be on the hunt for Tinkerbell quotes – I’ve got some news for you.
Tink’s name is actually Tinker Bell (two words!).
If she’s not going by her full name, then you might hear her being referred to as “Tink” or “Bell”.
Tinker Bell Characteristics
Tinker Bell has a fiery attitude in the original Peter Pan film from 1953 and its 2003 live-action version.
But she’s a kind soul at heart and even gives her life for Peter by drinking poison in the live-action film.
She’s revived after children around the world start chanting that they do believe in fairies!
Despite her occasional troublemaking, she’s a much-loved character who brings plenty of magic to the Disney canon.
Fun Facts About Tinker Bell
1. Tinker Bell’s name comes from the fact that she’s amazing at fixing things like a tinsmith or tinker!
2. Tinker Bell first came into the world after appearing in J.M Barrie’s 1904 play “Peter Pan”.
3. It’s Walt Disney who first said that Tinker Bell should speak “through the sound of bells” (just like she did on stage!).
4. When she was first created, Disney believed that her actions should reflect her thoughts as she didn’t have any lines. So, her moves are very pantomime-like with tons of body movement and hand gestures.
5. The gorgeous Disney Ink & Paint Artist Ginni Mack was the inspiration for Tinker Bell’s face!
6. Tinker Bell received a Hollywood Walk of Fame Star on September 21, 2010!
The Best Tinker Bell Quotes
Quotes From the Movie Tinker Bell (2008)
1. Tinker Bell: “The mouse’s name is Cheese?”
Bobble: “Must be. He always comes when we yell it.”
2. “Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. Dreams are forever.”
3. “Yes. Because I’m a tinker. It’s who I am. And tinkers fix things.”
4. “Wow! The mainland sounds…flitterific!”
5. “When I go to the mainland, I’ll prove just how important we are.”
6. “Your talent makes you who you are, you should be proud of it.”
7. “When life makes you cry a hundred times, you have to smile a thousand times. This way, you will be able to overcome your sorrow and be happy forever.”
8. Tinker Bell: Thanks Terence.
Terence: You know my name?
Tinker Bell: Well, sure. Why wouldn’t I?
Terence: Well, I don’t know. I’m just the dust-keeper guy. I’m not exactly seen as the most important fairy in Pixie Hallow.
Tinker Bell: Terence… what are you talking about? You’re probably the most important one there is. Without you, no one would have any magic! Why, your talent makes you who you are. You should be proud of it! I mean…
Terence: I am.
9. “If you could teach me your talent-any of them- maybe I can show the queen that I can work with nature too! *smacks bug, flicks it away* And then she’d let me go to the mainland for spring!”
10. “Um, you’re a pollen-izer? Um, pollen-ator. Pollen picker? Pollen plucker…”
11. “You all do things that are beautiful and magical and… and important. But me… there’s gotta be more to my life than just pots and kettles.”
12. “All I’m asking you is that you give me a chance.”
13. “Guess what? I’ve decided, I’m not gonna be a tinker fairy anymore.”
Tinker Bell Quotes from Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast (2011-2018)
Although this movie revolves around the fairy Fawn, there’s still an adorable quote from Tinker Bell when she’s talking to the Gruff.
14. Tinker Bell: [showing Gruff his new bed] Anyone who sleeps for a thousand years deserves a decent bed!
And I’d be inclined to agree with her!
Tinker Bell Quotes from the Once Upon a Time TV Series (2011-2018)
15. Regina Mills: I was afraid. I didn’t… You said I could let go of the anger that was weighing me down. And suddenly it felt like without it, I would just… float away. That anger was all I had. What would I be without it?
Tinker Bell: Happy.
Regina Mills: [shakes her head] Weak. Tinker Bell: And look what good it did you – that “strength” you gained; ’cause I’m holding your heart in my hand, and I’m not hearing *one* reason not to squeeze it into ash.
Regina Mills: All right, you want a reason? Here you go. You think *I* was afraid? You think *I* did the wrong thing? Well, fairy, right now you’re making the same choice. I picked revenge over hope, and you’re holding the result – a small, hard, dark heart. If you make the same choice I did, then what you’re looking at is your own future.
16. “Snow White. That’s her name? Even I think that’s a bit precious and mine’s Tinker Bell.”
17. Tinker Bell: Did you ever go back and find him? The man with the lion tattoo?
Regina Mills: No.
Tinker Bell: Unreal. Do you know how selfish that is? Regina Mills: It’s a lot of things. But how was it selfish?
Tinker Bell: Because you didn’t just ruin your life. You ruined his.
Tinker Bell Quotes from The Pirate Fairy (2014)
18. “You’re bending light? But you’re not a Light Fairy. You’re a Dust Keeper. Amazing, right? Uh, but, how? Whoa! You found orange pixie dust?”
19. Zarina: You saved me. Why?
Tinker Bell: Let’s just say we’re offering you quarter.
Zarina: [wipes away her tears] I’m so sorry. They’re headed for the second star. If they make it past, we’ll never find them. The Blue Dust will be gone forever.
Vidia: Then let’s stop them before they get there.
Tinker Bell: [to Zarina] Captain?
20. “Trust a fairy and she will never betray you.”
Tinker Bell Quotes from Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (2010)
21. “It’s so beautiful out here. I can’t believe we get to stay for the whole season.”
22. Lizzy: “I had no idea fairies were responsible for changing the seasons. I thought it had something to do with the earth’s axis as it rotated around the sun.”
Tinker Bell: “That’s what we wanted you to think.”
23. “There is no fairy who does not love children.”
24. “You cannot call me short-statured. I am of the size of a fairy!”
Tinker Bell Quotes from Hook (1991)
25. “Say it, Peter. Say it and mean it.”
26. “I have no end of my wanting, Peter Pan.”
27. “If less is more, there’s no end to me, Peter Pan.”
28. “Oh remember, Peter? The world was ours. We could do everything or nothing.”
29. “I drank poison for you! You called me Tink.”
30. “Well, whoever you are it’s still you, ’cause only one person has that smell.”
31. “I believe in you, Peter Pan.”
32. “If love will find its way, then it must be lost!”
33. “That’s right, Peter, second star to the right and straight on till morning. Neverland!”
34. “Every time someone says, ‘I do not believe in fairies’, somewhere there’s a fairy that falls down dead.”
35. “If you can’t imagine yourself being Peter Pan, you won’t be Peter Pan, so eat up.”
36. “You know that place between sleep and awake? That place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you… Peter Pan. That’s where I’ll be waiting.”
37. “The smell of someone who has ridden the back of the wind, Peter. The smell of a hundred fun summers, with sleeping in trees and adventures with Indians and Pirates. Oh, remember, Peter? The world was ours. We could do everything or nothing. All it had to be was anything ’cause it was always us.”
Quotes About Tinker Bell from Hook (1991)
38. “I believe in fairies.” – Peter
39. [to Tinkerbell who is fighting off the pirates]: “Are you related to Mighty Mouse?!”
40. “You’re a… you’re a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother, and I don’t know why you have wings, but you have very lovely legs, and you’re a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don’t know who my mother was; I’m an orphan, and I’ve never taken drugs because I missed the sixties, I was an accountant.” – Peter
41. “I think I’ve killed it.” – Peter
Tinker Bell quotes from Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (2009)
42. “I thought I didn’t need anyone’s help. I wish you were here.”
43. “Think of the happiest things, it’s the same as having the wing.”
44. “The greatest treasures are not gold, nor jewels, nor works of art. They cannot be held in your hands. They’re held within your heart. For worldly things will fade away as seasons come and go. But the treasure of true friendship will never lose its glow.”
45. “Great to have friends who will help you out, huh?”
46. “A true friend wouldn’t need to know why… I’m on my own then.”
47. “I wouldn’t be able to do it without you.”
Tinker Bell Quotes from Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings (2012)
48. “Her name’s Periwinkle. She’s a frost fairy, and she’s just amazing. I’m making this machine so she can come here and meet you all, and after that we’ll go straight to Queen Clarion!” – Tinker Bell“I know. Even our wings are identical. That’s why they sparkle. Let’s show them.”
49. “They wanted to surprise you. Everyone, this is Periwinkle, my sister.”
50. “She’s very wise. And if we tell her we’re sisters, she’ll change Lord Milori’s rule.”
51. “There’s a whole other world over there.”
Quotes About Tinker Bell from the Movie Peter Pan (2003)
52. Peter: Well, I will not grow up! You cannot make me! I will banish you like Tinker Bell.
Wendy: I WILL NOT BE BANISHED!
Peter: Then go home. Go home and grow up. And take your feelings with you!
53. Peter: Tinker Bell… She’s my fairy.
Wendy: But there’s no such thing as f- [Peter flies up and closes her mouth]
Peter: [firmly] Don’t say that. Every time someone says that a fairy somewhere falls down dead.
54. Peter: Was it you, Tink?
Tink: [Tink gets a halo]
Tink: [in fairy language] Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Quotes About Tinker Bell from Peter Pan (1953)
55. [to Tinker Bell] “And that’s why I asked you over, me dear, to tell Peter I bear him no ill will. Oh, Pan has his faults, to be sure. Bringing that Wendy to the island, for instance. Dangerous business, that. Why rumor has it that already she has come between you and Peter.” – Captain Hook
56. “Did you say Pan has banished Tinker Bell?” – Captain Hook
57. We had lots of fun with Tinker Bell, the mermaids, and Peter Pan! Oh, he was the most wonderful person of them all! And then we called him a codfish! – Wendy
Tinker Bell Quotes About Fairies
58. “When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.” – Peter Pan
59. “Children know such a lot now. Soon they don’t believe. And every time a child says: ‘I don’t believe in fairies’, there’s a fairy someplace that falls down dead.” – Peter Pan
60. “There ought to be a fairy for every girl and boy.” – Wendy
61. “Fairies have to be one thing or the other because being so small they, unfortunately, have room for one feeling only at a time.” – Peter Pan
62. “All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust.” – Peter Pan
63. “What’s the matter with you? It was poison, wasn’t it? You drank it to save my life. Tink? Dear Tink! You’re dying! Your voice is so low now I can hardly hear you. What’s that? You believe that you could get well again… if children believed in fairies.” – Peter Pan
FAQs About Tinkerbell
Does Tinker Bell love Peter Pan?
It’s tricky to say, but many people think so – it’s unrequited love though!
Is Tinker Bell a pixie or a fairy?
Tinker Bell is a fairy in J.M Barrie’s original play, but she was turned into a pixie by Disney. In the Tinker Bell films, she’s known as a “Tinker Fairy”.
Who is Tinker Bell’s boyfriend?
Tinker Bell doesn’t technically have a boyfriend, but Terence the dust-keeper is completely in love with her.
Throughout many other films (especially Peter Pan), it’s thought that Tinker Bell has an enormous crush on Peter and is very protective of him.
Does Tinker Bell have a sister?
Yes! Tinker Bell’s sister Periwinkle is first introduced in Secret of the Wings and she’s a Frost-talent fairy.
What language does Tinker Bell speak?
Tinker Bell speaks a distinctive fairy language that can’t be understood by most humans.
In films like Peter Pan (1953 + 2003) Tink’s voice sounds like a light bell or twinkle.
In the Tinker Bell films, she’s technically speaking English!
How was Tinker Bell born?
According to the Tinker Bell film, Tink was born from a baby’s first laugh and burst out from a single dandelion seed.
Who is Tinker Bell’s mom?
Tinker Bell’s mom is thought to be the beautiful Queen Clarion who gave Tink her name.
What book did Jodi Lynn Anderson write?
She wrote a book called “Tiger Lily” and it contains a couple of lovely quotes. The book isn’t associated with the Walt Disney Company, but it tells a gorgeous story about Peter Pan, Tiger Lily, Tink, and the Lost Boys.
- 64. “Faerie hearts are evolutionarily less sophisticated. They are small and hard, like tiny grains of sand. Our hearts are too small to love more than one person in a lifetime.”
- 65. “A faerie heart is different from a human heart. Human hearts are elastic. They have room for all sorts of passions, and they can break and heal and love again and again.”
And there you have it – my entire list of the best Tinker Bell quotes to lift your spirits!
In my opinion, Tinker Bell is one of the best Disney characters around as she radiates positivity and encourages us to follow our dreams!
Which one of these Tinker Bell quotes is your favorite?
If you love Disney quotes, be sure to check out a few more posts:
- 60 Incredible Soul Movie Quotes to Make You Think
- The Best Gaston Quotes from Beauty and the Beast
- 30 Best Jessie Toy Story Quotes to Make You Say “YEEHAW!”
- 40 Best Minnie Mouse Quotes
- The 30+ Best Tow Mater Quotes To Make You Chuckle
- 50+ Buzz Lightyear Quotes That Will Take You To Infinity (and Beyond!)
- 25 Baymax Quotes That Will Lift Your Spirits