If you’re searching for the best Encanto quotes that will help you relive the magic of the Casita, keep scrolling for my top picks!
Encanto may have dominated the airwaves thanks to the popular hit “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”, but it’s also become a huge success with Disney+ audiences around the world.
Although it’s best known for its incredible soundtrack, there are also tons of wonderful Encanto quotes that teach us about the importance of family and staying true to yourself.
With immensely moving music (thanks Lin-Manuel Miranda!) and a stunning representation of sacrifice and family bonds, Encanto might be one of my all-time favorite Disney flicks.
So, if you’re on the hunt for over 75 of the best Encanto quotes that are bound to make you shed a tear or two, then just keep reading!
I promise that they’ll give you a boost on even your darkest days.
Now let’s dive right in!
I won’t give the entire movie away, but the plot of Ecanto revolves around the Family Madrigal who has been blessed with a magical home (Casita!) and impressive powers.
With powers to create flowers, heal the sick, and speak to animals just three of the many gifts on offer, it’s unsurprising that the family is popular with the local community!
But there’s just one problem.
One member of the family was never given a special gift at her ceremony – and her name is Mirabel Madrigal.
She’s sweet and funny, but she feels outside of her family because she failed to receive an all-important gift.
When the Casita begins to lose its magic and crumble beneath the family’s feet, it’s up to Mirabel to save the miracle and restore the status quo.
Best Encanto Quotes
1. “Even in our darkest moments, there’s light where you least expect it.” – Mirabel
2. “All I need is a change. All I need is a chance” – Mirabel
3. “The miracle is not some magic that you’ve got – the miracle is you” – Mirabel
4. “If you weren’t always trying so hard, you wouldn’t be in the way.” – Isabela
5. “Surrounded by the exceptional, it’s easy to feel unexceptional.” – Agustin
6. “Our community is counting on us!” – Abuela
7. “I wanna feel the shiver of something new.” – Isabela
8. “We don’t talk about Bruno!” – Pepa
9. “What can you do when you are deeply, madly, truly in the moment?” – Isabela and Mirabel
10. “Wonders surround you – just let the walls come down.” – Sebastian Yatra (Two Oruguitas)
11. “Welcome to the Family Madrigal.” – Mirabel
12. It’s not symmetrical or perfect, but it’s beautiful” – Isabela
13. “So full of stars, and everyone wants to shine. But the stars don’t shine they burn.” – Mirabel
14. “The whole town relies on our family.” – Abuela
15. “I am sorry that your life is so great!” – Mirabel
16. “We’re not just protecting what we have, but all that could be and everything that should be.” – Abuela
17. “I’m so sick of pretty, I want something true, don’t you?” – Isabela
18. “You can’t hurry the future” – Bruno
Encanto Mirabel Quotes
19. “Hola, Casita!” -Mirabel
20. “Casita, help me out! Drawers, Floors, Doors!” – Mirabel
21. “Gift or no gift, I’m just as special as the rest of my family.” – Mirabel
22. “I think you’re carrying way too much.” – Mirabel
23. “Some of us have bigger problems, you selfish, entitled princess.” – Mirabel
24. “Maybe your gift is being in denial.” – Cecilia
25. “Today’s the day I make my family proud.” – Mirabel
26. “We were saved because of you. We were given a miracle because of you. We are a family because of you. And nothing could ever be broken that we can’t fix together.” – Mirabel
27. “I will never be good enough for you, will I? No matter how hard I try – no matter how hard any of us try.” – Mirabel
Encanto Quotes About Family
28. You’re just as special as anyone else in this family. – Julieta
29. “You want to be a better sister? Apologize for ruining my life!” – Isabela
30. “Whew- make your family proud!” – Mirabel
31. “We must protect our home. We must protect our family.” – Abuela
32. “Mirabel, the fate of the family is gonna come down to you.” – Bruno
33. “My gift wasn’t helping the family, but I love my family.” – Bruno
34. “You’re exactly what this family needs. You just need to see it.” – Bruno
35. “You don’t have to worry about me because I have an amazing family.” – Mirabel
36. “Ay, Oruguitas – don’t you hold on too tight. Both of you know, it’s your time to grow – to fall apart to reunite.” – Sebastian Yatra (Two Oruguitas)
37. “I never wanted to marry him; I was just doing it for the family!” – Isabela
38. “The fate of the family is not up to her – it’s up to you.” – Bruno
39. “I don’t know why you weren’t given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family.” – Abuela
Encanto Quotes About Self-Doubt
40. “I’m tired of perfect, I just want to be real.” – Isabela
41. “If I could shake the crushing weight of expectations, would that free some room up for joy or relaxation or simple pleasure?” – Luisa
42. “Who am I if I can’t carry it all?” – Luisa
43. “I thought we would have a different life. I thought I would be a different woman.” – Abuela
44. “So much hides behind my smile.” – Isabela
45. “Under the surface was Hercules ever like, ‘Yo, I don’t wanna fight Cerberus?’” – Luisa
46. “What can you do when you know who you want to be is imperfect – but I’ll still be okay?” – Isabela
47. “What I think is that today was very hard for you.” – Julieta
48. “I was so afraid of losing it, that I lost sight of who our miracle was for.” – Abuela
Encanto Quotes About Magic and Gifts
49. “In time, every member of our family was given their own magical gift.” – Abuela
50. “I think it’s time you learn you are more than just your gift.” – Mirabel
51. “Tonight we come together once more as another one of us steps into the light to make us proud.” – Abuela
52. “The miracle is dying, because of you!” – Mirabel
53. “Mirabel found Bruno’s vision. She’s in it. She’s going to destroy the magic and now, we’re all doomed!” – Dolores
54. “Open my eyes. If the magic is here, help me save the miracle” – Abuela
55. “But Mama, why am I the only one that didn’t get a gift?” – Mirabel
56. “This candle holds the miracle given to our family.” – Abuela
57. “The magic is in danger. We got to get out of here.” – Felix
58. “The Magic is strong- and so are the drinks!” – Abuela
59. “Our house, our casita, came to life with magic!” – Abuela
60. “Uh huh, uh huh. I understand you!” – Antonio (when he receives his gift of talking to animals!)
61. “In our darkest moment we were given a miracle.” – Abuela
62. “Many years ago, this candle blessed our family with a miracle.” – Abuela
Funny Encanto Quotes
63. “The donkeys got out again.” – Man
64. “On it!” – Luisa
65. “I feel like I missed something…” – Bruno
66. “Whoa- a lot of stairs, but at least I’ll have a friend. No, he flew away immediately.” – Mirabel
67. “Let me help you. The rats told me everything. Don’t eat those.” – Antonio
68. “Sometimes family weirdos get a bad rap.” – Mirabel
69. “JUST TELL US WHAT EVERYONE CAN DO!” – Boy
70. “Annndd… that’s why coffee is for grownups!” – Mirabel quotes from Encanto
71. “I gave you the special since you’re the only Madrigal kid with no gift. I call it the ‘not special’ special. Since, uh, you have no gift.” – Man
72. “Last gift ceremony was a bummer – last one being yours.” –Man
73. “And Luisa- I heard her eye twitching all night.” – Dolores
74. “It is physically impossible to relax.” – Village kid
75. “Bruno, your room is the WORST!” – Mirabel
76. “How do you help a family miracle? You hug your sister” – Bruno
77. “And in here, kitchen adjacent!” – Bruno
78. “Got your party pants on?” – Agustin
79. “Always hungry. Never satisfied.” – Bruno
FAQs About Encanto
What is Mirabel’s Power in Encanto?
Mirabel doesn’t have a specific gift as the story revolves around her lack of one. But she has a strong connection with Casita and the power to mend her broken family.
Why is Encanto so popular?
A lot of it is down to the major hit “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”. But many people also related to the powerful cultural representation and the themes of magic and family.
How old is Mirabel in Encanto?
Mirabel is 15 years old.
Is Encanto based on a real story?
Encanto isn’t based on a true story, but the writers were careful to accurately represent Colombian culture and family traditions when creating the film.
Why isn’t Mirabel given a door?
You might think that Mirabe; doesn’t get a door because she has no power. But it’s believed that she’ll take over Abuela’s spot as head of the household when she passes away. It’s a theory – but I get it!
How old is Bruno in Encanto?
He’s said to be around 50 years old.
Why does Mirabel hug Isabela?
Based on Bruno’s vision, Mirabel believes she has to hug Isabela to restore the candle’s flame.
Is Abuela the villain in Encanto?
She doesn’t come across well for the first part of the film, but she’s not the villain. In fact, there’s no real villain in Encanto. The closest you’ll get are the soldiers who murder Pedro.
There you have it: my ultimate list of the best Encanto quotes from this enchanting Disney movie!
If you loved these amazing quotes, why not check out a few more?
- 87 Best Mickey Mouse Quotes
- 41 Best Lightning McQueen Quotes (+ Fun Facts!)
- 55 Best Pixar Luca Quotes to Inspire You (+ Fun Facts!)
- 65 Best Tinker Bell Quotes
- 60 Incredible Soul Movie Quotes to Make You Think
- The Best Gaston Quotes from Beauty and the Beast
- 30 Best Jessie Toy Story Quotes to Make You Say “YEEHAW!”
- 40 Best Minnie Mouse Quotes