Beauty and the Beast is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. So, why not join me in reliving this tale as old as time with a few Gaston quotes from the film’s famous villainous hunk?
Since it was released in 1991, I’ve been obsessed with Beauty and the Beast. The life lessons, the amazing animation, the music – you name it, I love it!
Although I’m a fan of the original animated release, I also have a serious soft spot for the 2016 movie (I mean “Evermore” is a certified BOP!) and the popular 1994 Broadway musical.
Now, Belle and the Beast may be our central couple here. But there are several side characters that are incredibly important to the story.
Gaston is one of those characters and he remains one of the most unlikeable Disney villains around.
So, if you’re on the hunt for some seriously memorable Gaston quotes – keep reading for my ultimate favorites!
What is Beauty and the Beast?
Beauty and the Beast is a popular animated movie that was originally released in 1991 to critical acclaim.
It boasted incredible animation, gorgeous music by Alan Menken, and a story that taught us beauty is way more than skin deep.
If you’re not a fan of the original 1991 flick, you can also check out the 2016 live-action movie and the 1994 Broadway musical!
Between you and me, the additions of “Home” and “A Change In Me” really lift the stage version.
Who is Gaston?
Gaston is the villain in Beauty and the Beast, but he doesn’t look like a classic Disney villain. In fact, he looks more like a Disney prince than anything else!
But his awful attitude and misogyny make him one of the most hated characters in the entire Disney canon.
Gaston’s main focus throughout both the movies from 1991 and 2016 is marrying Belle. He believes she’s the most beautiful girl in town, making her the best choice to raise any “strapping young boys” that may come from the marriage.
He gives Belle virtually no choice in the matter, assuming that she’s simply going to fall for him like every other woman in the village.
When she rejects and embarrasses him, he doubles down on his goal and chases even harder.
He even goes as far as to accuse her father Maurice of being crazy with the hopes of getting him out of the way.
Yup – totally marriage material.
Although there’s so much more to Belle than her beauty (intelligence, for one thing!), it speaks to Gaston’s character that this is all he seems to care about.
Gaston is a chauvinistic thug who believes that looks are essentially everything.
He’s not completely devoid of skill as he’s clearly a decent hunter and lifts incredibly heavy things! But he’s hardly Prince Charming…
As the audience can clearly see how foul Gaston is, it’s somewhat unbelievable that every woman in town is fawning over him. If you’re watching the films, you might notice that the trio of Bimbettes are particularly fond of him.
They appear in the songs “Belle” and “Gaston” as Gaston’s biggest fans.
His sense of humor and bravado may make him a much-needed slice of comic relief throughout the movies (especially compared to other Disney villains!), but he’s never likable.
Because of his approach to women and life itself, there are several excellent Gaston quotes out there.
Whether they’re about his pursuit of Belle or his eventual death at the Beast’s castle, he always has something to say.
Best Gaston Quotes
Gaston: Lefou I’m afraid I’ve been thinking.
Lefou: A dangerous pastime?
Gaston: I know!
2. “That’s what makes Belle so appealing. She hasn’t made a fool of herself just to gain my favor. What would you call that?”
3. “Look at her, LeFou. My future wife. Belle is the most beautiful girl in the village. That makes her the best.”
4. “A great hunter doesn’t waste his time on rabbits”
5. “Ah Lefou, you’re the best. How is it that no girl has snatched you up yet?”
6. “There are no such things as beasts, or talking teacups, or… magic! But there are wolves, frostbite, and starvation.”
7. ” No, LeFou. It’s the ones who play hard to get that are always the sweetest prey.”
8. Gaston: [rudely flipping through Belle’s Book] How can you read this? There are no pictures!
Belle: Well, some people use their imagination.
9. Gaston: This is the day your dreams come true.
Belle: What do you know about my dreams, Gaston?
Gaston: Plenty! Here, picture this: A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire, and my little wife massaging my feet, while the little ones play on the floor with the dogs. We’ll have six or seven.
Gaston: No, Belle! Strapping boys, like me!
Belle: Imagine that.
Gaston: And do you know who that little wife will be?
Belle: Let me think.
Gaston: You, Belle!
Belle: Gaston, I’m-I’m speechless. I really don’t know what to say.
Gaston: Say you’ll marry me!
Belle: I’m very sorry, Gaston but I just don’t deserve you!
10. “I’m especially good at expectorating!”
11. “It’s not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting ideas. And thinking.”
12. [singing] “Here in town there’s only she, who is beautiful as me, so I’m making plans to woo and marry Belle!”
13. “Why, thank you Belle! What do you say you and me take a walk over to the tavern and take a look at my trophies?”
14. “I’d like to thank you all for coming to my wedding. But first I’d better go in there and propose to the girl.”
15. “Belle! Heard you had a little trouble with the headmaster. He never liked me, either. Can I give you a little advice about the villagers, though? They’re never going to trust the kind of change we’re trying to bring.”
16.“Please, forgive me, old bean. That’s no way to talk to my future father-in-law, now is it?”
17. “Maybe you haven’t met the right man.”
18. “Belle, you know how loyal I am to your family, but your father has been making some unbelievable claims.”
19. “Maurice, it’s one thing to rave about your delusions. It’s another to accuse me of attempted murder.”
20. “Maurice, it pains me to say this, but you’ve become a danger to yourself and others. No wonder Belle ran away. You need help, sir. A place to heal your troubled mind.”
21. “Have you ever seen the inside of a mad house, Maurice? You wouldn’t last a week. Just give me your daughter’s hand, and I’ll set you free.”
22. “It’s like this: I’ve got my heart set on marrying Belle, but she needs a little persuasion.”
23. “We all admire your devotion to your father, but you’d say anything to free him. Your word is hardly proof.”
24. “When we return to the village, you will marry me, and the beast’s head will hang on our wall!”
25. “Belle, do you know what happens to spinsters in our village after their fathers die? They beg for scraps, like poor Agathe. This is our world, Belle. For simple folk like us, it doesn’t get any better.”
26. “You are the wildest, most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. No one deserves you, but at least I know our children will be beautiful.”
27. [Gaston jumps in front of Belle] Good morning, Belle! Wonderful book you have there. [Grabs belle’s book]
28. [singing] “As a specimen yes I’m intimidating!”
29. [singing] “I use antlers in all of my decorating!”
30. “It’s hero time!”
31. [singing] “Just watch – I’m going to make Belle my wife!”
32. [singing] When I hunt I sneak up with my quiver, and beasts of the field say a prayer. First I carefully aim for the liver. Then I shoot from behind!
33. [singing] “When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large! And now that I’m grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I’m roughly the size of a BARGE!”
34. [singing] So it’s time to take some action boys, it’s time to follow me!”
35. [singing] Through the mist, through the wood, through the darkness and the shadows, it’s a nightmare but it’s one exciting ride.”
36. [singing] It’s a beast he’s got fangs razor sharp ones. Massive paws killer claws for the feast. Hear him roar, see him foam, but we’re not coming home ‘til he’s dead. Good and dead. Kill the beast!”
37. [singing] “Screw your courage to the sticking place.”
38. [singing] “Call it war, call it threat you can bet they all will follow – for in times like this they’ll do just as I say.”
39. “Take whatever booty you can find, but remember, the Beast is mine!”
40. Gaston: If I didn’t know better, I’d think you had feelings for this monster.
Belle: He’s no monster, Gaston. You are!
41. “Were you in love with her, Beast? Did you honestly think she’d want you when she had someone like me?”
42. “It’s over Beast! Belle is mine!”
43. “Let me go! Let me go, please! Don’t hurt me! I’ll do anything! Anything (after a tense moment, the Beast drags Gaston away from the edge)”
44. Belle: “Gaston, you are positively primeval!”
Lefou: No one plots like Gaston.
Gaston: Takes cheap shots like Gaston.
Lefou: Plans to persecute harmless crackpots like Gaston!
46. Gaston : [trying to beat the Beast to death] What’s the matter, Beast? Too kind and gentle to fight back?!
47. I’ll have Belle for my wife! Make no mistake about that!
I hope that you enjoyed this list of classic Gaston quotes!
As you can see, a few of the best Gaston quotes come from song lyrics and I’m always down for a musical number! Although Gaston is technically a villain, he’s one of the most interesting characters in Beauty and the Beast.
If you fancy meeting him in person, you can head to Walt Disney World! He’ll probably be quite rude (and might even come out with a few of these Gaston quotes!), but the experience is bound to make you chuckle.
If you loved these Gaston quotes, why not check out a few of my other related posts?
- 30 Best Jessie Toy Story Quotes to Make You Say “YEEHAW!”
- 40 Best Minnie Mouse Quotes
- The 30+ Best Tow Mater Quotes To Make You Chuckle
- 50+ Buzz Lightyear Quotes That Will Take You To Infinity (and Beyond!)
- 25 Baymax Quotes That Will Lift Your Spirits
- 21 Iconic Cruella de Vil Quotes for Disney Fans
- 25 101 Dalmatians Quotes That You’ll LOVE!