Have you been looking for a handful of the best Zootopia quotes that prove you can reach your full potential? Join me as I uncover the best sayings and phrases that will inspire you to live your dream!
Zootopia was a major success when it first burst onto our screens in 2016.
Whether you’re new to Zootropolis or are an avid fan, you might be on the hunt for a few meaningful Zootopia quotes.
As honestly, this movie has one of the best animated scripts of the last 10 years – hands DOWN.
To save you the trouble, I’ve rounded up a bumper list of the absolute best Zootopia quotes.
They’ll have you laughing, crying, and reevaluating your life choices. You know, all that good stuff.
Now let’s do this thing!
What is Zootopia About?
I won’t give away the entire plot, but Zootopia basically follows the story of a cop called Judy Hopps.
Yep, she’s a bunny!
She’s the very first rabbit police officer in Zootropolis, which means she faces a fair amount of discrimination and doubt.
Although she starts out as a parking attendant, she quickly discovers that something very suspicious is happening in town.
And that’s related to a handful of missing mammal cases that have little to no explanation.
During the movie, she meets the con-artist fox Nick Wilde and they team up to try and solve the case.
Hilarity and heart-warming scenes ensue, but you’ll need to boot up Disney+ to catch the rest of the action!
Best Zootopia Quotes
1. “Tomorrow’s another day” – Judy Hopps
2. “It’s called a hustle, sweetheart.” – Nick Wilde
3. “Hey, if it isn’t Flopsy the Copsy.” – Duke Weaselton
4. “Small steps create big successes” – Judy Hopps
5. “Sometimes we come last, but we did our best” – Gazelle
6. “I mean, I am just a dumb bunny. But we are good at multiplying” – Judy Hopps
7. Bonnie Hopps: Oh, my sweet heaven! Judy, are you a meter maid?
Judy Hopps: [realizing she still has her vest on] Oh, this? No. Oh, no, no. This is just a temporary thing.
Bonnie Hopps: Oh, it’s the safest job on the force!
Stu Hopps: Oh, she’s not a real cop. Our prayers have been answered!
Bonnie Hopps: Glorious day!
8. Judy Hopps: Stop, in the name of the law!
Duke Weaselton: Catch me if you can, Cottontail!
9. Fru Fru: What did we say? No icing anyone at my wedding!
Mr. Big: I have to, baby, Daddy has to.
10. Bellwether: [On her guilt] It’s my word against yours
Judy Hopps: Oooh, actually, [holds up her carrot recorder pen, revealing Bellwether’s confession]
Judy Hopps: “… and I’ll dart every predator in Zootopia to keep it that way!” it’s your word against yours.
Judy Hopps: It’s called a hustle, sweetheart. Boom. [flashes a triumphant grin as Chief Bogo shows up with handcuffs behind Bellwether]
11. “Meh. I trusted you, Nicky. I welcomed you into my home. We broke bread together. Gram-mama made you a cannoli. And how did you repay my generosity? With a rug made from the butt of a skunk. A skunk-butt rug. You disrespected me. You disrespected my Gram-mama, who I buried in that skunk butt rug. I told you never to show your face here again, but here you are, snooping around with this…” – Mr. Big
12. Bonnie Hopps: Of course, it is okay to have dreams.
Stu Hopps: Just as long as you don’t believe too much in them.
13. “Well, you should’ve just stayed on the carrot farm, huh. It really is too bad, I… I did like you!” – Bellwether
14. “Fear always works, and I’ll dart every predator in Zootopia, to keep it that way.” – Bellwether
15. “Oh, I’m more of a glorified secretary. I think Mayor Lionheart just wanted the sheep vote. But he did give me that nice mug.” – Bellwether
16. “You dirty rat, why are you helping her? She’s a cop!” – Duke Weaselton
17. “Give me your tickets right now, or I’m gonna kick your meek little sheep butt!” – Gideon Grey
18. “Think of it. 90% of the population united against a common enemy. We’ll be unstoppable!” – Bellwether
19. “I’m looking at you, Gideon Grey – but just 211 miles away stands the great city of Zootopia where our ancestors first joined together in peace and declared that anyone can be ANYTHING!” – Young Hopps
20. “You want to talk about making the world a better place, no better way to do it than becoming a carrot farmer.” – Stu Hopps
21. “Hey Judy, I’d just like to say I’m sorry for the way I behaved in my youth. I had a lot of self-doubt, and it manifested itself in the form of unchecked rage and aggression. I was a major jerk.” – Gideon Grey
22. “My child, we may be evolved, but deep down, we’re still animals. You want to find Otterton, talk to the driver. His name is Manchas. Lives in the Rainforest District. Only he can tell you more.” – Mr. Big
23. Judy Hopps: [crashing the Night Howler lab] Okay, maybe… maybe some of the evidence survived. [the train car explodes]
Judy Hopps: [sadly] Everything is gone. We’ve lost it all.
Nick Wilde: Yeah… [holding up the briefcase containing the pellet gun]
Nick Wilde: Oh, except for this.
Judy Hopps: Ooh, Nick! Yes!
Nick Wilde: [she punches his shoulder] Ow.
24. Stu Hopps: Judy, you ever wonder how your mom and me got to be so darn happy?
Young Hopps: Nope.
Stu Hopps: Well, we gave up on our dreams, and we settled. Right, Bon?
Bonnie Hopps: Oh, yes. That’s right, Stu, we settled hard.
25. “Well, he was right about one thing. I don’t know when to quit!” – Young Hopps
26. Nick Wilde: Flash is the fastest guy in there. If you need something done, he’s on it.
Judy Hopps: I hope so. We are really fighting the clock and every minute counts. [sees the inside of the DMV]
Judy Hopps: Wait. They’re all SLOTHS? You said this was going to be quick!
Nick Wilde: [in mock surprise] Are you saying that because he’s a sloth he can’t be fast? I thought in Zootopia, anyone could be anything.
27. Nick Wilde: Hey, Flash, wanna hear a joke?
Judy Hopps: NO! Flash: Sure. [Judy growls in annoyance]
Nick Wilde: OK. What do you call a three-humped camel? Flash: I don’t… know. What… do… you… call… a… three-humped… camel?
Nick Wilde: Pregnant! [Nick laughs and elbows an irritated Judy. Flash’s face lights up as the joke dawns on him and he slowly laughs]
Judy Hopps: [sarcastically] Ha ha! Yes, very funny, very funny. Can we please just focus on the task?
28. Nick Wilde: Hey, it’s Officer Toot-toot!
Judy Hopps: [sarcastically] Ha-ha-ho, no. Actually, It’s Officer Hopps and I’m here to ask you some questions about a case.
29. “Have fun working with the fuzz!” – Finnick
30. “You kiss me tomorrow, I bite your face off!” – Finnick
31. “O. M. Goodness, they really did hire a bunny. Ho-whop! I gotta tell you, you’re even cuter than I thought you’d be.” – Clawhauser
32. “Hoo, I’m so sorry! Me, Benjamin Clawhauser, the guy everyone thinks is just a flabby donut-loving cop stereotyping you.” – Clawhauser
33. “Zootopia is a unique place. It’s a crazy, beautiful, diverse city, where we celebrate our differences. This is not the Zootopia I know. The Zootopia I know is better than this. We don’t just blindly assign blame. We don’t know why these attacks keep happening. But it is irresponsible to label all predators as savages. We cannot let fear divide us. Please, give me back the Zootopia I love.” – Gazelle
Judy Hopps Quotes
34. “I am not a dumb bunny.”
35. Judy Hopps: Sir, I’m not just some token bunny.
Chief Bogo: Well, then writing a hundred tickets a day should be easy.
Judy Hopps: [taps paw on the floor] A hundred tickets? I’m not gonna write a hundred tickets. I’m gonna write 200 tickets. Before Noon.
36. “Actually, I’m an officer. Just had a quick question: Are your customers aware they’re getting snot and mucus with their cookies and cream?”
37. “[after capturing Duke Weaselton] I popped the weasel!”
38. Judy Hopps: All right, slick Nick, you’re under arrest!
Nick Wilde: Really? For what?
Judy Hopps: Gee, I don’t know, how about: selling food without a permit, transporting undeclared commerce across borough lines, false advertising.
39. “You’re gonna want to refrain from calling me Carrots.”
40. “With all due respect, sir., a good cop… is supposed to serve and protect, help the city, not tear it apart.”
41. “What is your problem? Does seeing me fail somehow make you feel better about your own sad, miserable life?”
42. “Hmm, hate to disagree with you, sir, but those aren’t onions. Those are a crocus varietal called midnicampum holicithias. They’re a Class C botanical, sir. Well, I grew up in a family where plant husbandry was kind of a thing.”
43. “Oh Nick! Night howlers aren’t wolves! They’re toxic flowers. I think someone is targeting predators on purpose and making them go savage.”
44. Judy Hopps: [Judy is looking at a photograph and has just seen that the missing Mr. Otterton is carrying a popsicle like the ones she saw being sold by Nick] Pawpsicle!
Clawhauser: [gasps and whispers] The murder weapon!
45. “Wait, uh, wait – listen! I – I know you’ll never forgive me! And I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t forgive me either. I was ignorant, and… irresponsible… and small-minded. But predators shouldn’t suffer because of my mistakes. I have to fix this.”
46. “Actually, it’s your word against yours. And if you want this pen, you’re going to help me find this poor missing otter, or the only place you’ll be selling pawpsicles is the prison cafeteria.”
47. “When I was a kid, I thought Zootopia was this perfect place where everyone got along and anyone could be anything. Turns out, real life’s a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker.”
48. “Real life is messy. We all have limitations. We all make mistakes. Which means, hey, glass half full, we all have a lot in common.”
49. “And the more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each of us will be. But we have to try.”
50. “I implore you: Try. Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you. It starts with me. It starts with all of us.”
51, “But I can’t do it without you.”
52. “I came here to make the world a better place, but I think I broke it.”
Nick Wilde Quotes
53. “You’ll never be a real cop. You’re a cute meter maid, though.”
54. “Do you think when she goes to sleep, she counts herself?”
55. “[spying on Mayor Lionheart] Great! We’re dead. We’re dead. That’s it. I’m dead, you’re dead. Everybody’s dead!”
56. “Tell me if this story sounds familiar: naive little hick with good grades and big ideas decides, “Hey look at me, I’m gonna move to Zootopia, where predators and prey live in harmony and sing Kumbaya!” Only to find, whoopsie: we don’t all get along. And that dream of becoming a big city cop? Double whoopsie: she’s a meter maid. And whoopsie number three-sie: no one cares about her or her dreams. And soon enough, those dreams die, and our bunny sinks into an emotional and literal squalor living in a box under a bridge, until finally, she has no choice but to go back home with that cute, fuzzy-wuzzy little tail between her legs to become… you’re from Bunnyburrow, is that what you said? So how about a carrot farmer? [smirks, then walks away]”
57. Nick Wilde: [after Nick relates his story to Judy] I learned two things that day: one, that I was never going to let anyone see that they got to me.
Judy Hopps: And… two?
Nick Wilde: That if the world’s only going to see a fox as shifty and untrustworthy, there’s no point in being anything else.
58. “Look, you gave her a… a… a clown vest and a three-wheel joke mobile and two days to solve a case you guys haven’t cracked in two weeks? Yeah, no wonder she needed to get help from a fox. None of you guys were gonna help her, were you?”
59. “I, um… I may have sold him a very expensive wool rug that was made from the fur of a skunk… ‘s butt.”
60. “Madam, I have a fake badge. I would never impede your pretend investigation.”
61. Jerry Jumbeaux Jr.: Listen, I don’t know what you’re doing skulking around during daylight hours, but I don’t want any trouble in here, so hit the road.
Nick Wilde: I’m not looking for any trouble either, sir. I simply want to buy a Jumbo Pop… for my little boy. You want the red or the blue, pal?
62. “I know everybody. And I also know that somewhere there’s a toy store missing its stuffed animal. So why don’t you get back to your box?”
63. “I knew it. Just when I thought someone actually believed in me…”
64. “Clearly there’s a biological component? That these predators may be reverting back to their primitive savage ways? Are you serious?”
65. “Everyone comes to Zootopia thinking they can be anything they want. Well, you can’t. You can only be what you are. Sly fox. Dumb bunny.”
66. Nick Wilde: You know you love me.
Judy Hopps: [Sarcastically] Do I know that? [pauses] Judy Hopps: Yes, yes, I do!
67. “Hey, Carrots, you’re gonna wake the baby. I gotta get to work.”
68. “Don’t worry, Carrots. I’ll let you erase it… in forty-eight hours.”
69. “Okay. Oh, you bunnies, you’re so emotional. There we go, deep breath… Are you… Are you just trying to steal the pen? Is that what this is?”
Chief Bogo Quotes
70. “Life isn’t some cartoon musical where you sing a little song and all your insipid dreams magically come true. So let it go.”
71. “Don’t give yourself so much credit, Hopps. The world has always been broken, that’s why we need good cops. Like you.”
72. “Shut your tiny mouth now, young lady.”
73. “It’s not about how badly you WANT something. It’s about what you are capable of!”
74. Chief Bogo: We need to address the elephant in the room. Francine? [Cuts to an elephant police officer, looking nervous]
Chief Bogo: Happy birthday. [the room erupts in celebration]
75. “There are some new recruits with us I should introduce. But I’m not going to because, I don’t care.”
76. “Wow, you are one hot dancer, Chief Bogo.” – Gazelle
77. “You strike out, you resign”
Who Are the Main Characters in Zootopia?
Judy Hopps is the main protagonist in Zootopia and she’s the first rabbit officer to be accepted into the Police Department.
Which you know, is a huge thing for a classic prey animal around these parts!
She’s voiced by Ginnifer Goodwin and is known for her unwavering optimism, determination, and independence.
Judy is completely determined to make the world better and doesn’t care how big or small an animal is.
In her eyes, the law’s the law – and that’s that!
As rabbits aren’t traditionally accepted onto the police force, she faces a lot of friction and doubt from Zootopians (including her parents!).
Because she’s so desperate to prove herself, she’s often impulsive and overly reckless which gets her into trouble.
But during the movie, she learns that being yourself is part of what makes you magical. And honestly, that’s something that we can all take something from!
Nick Wilde is the secondary protagonist in the film and he starts off as a complete con-artist.
Through a series of events (that I won’t spoil!), he ends up helping Officer Judy Hopps in a major investigation.
His friendship with Judy is unlikely and strained at first.
But as they get to know each other, they form a firm bond that lets them both learn from each other.
As the movie rolls on, we learn that Nick had a bit of a troubled past that led him to accept the “sly fox” stereotype.
However, he fully accepts that there’s more to him than meets the eye by the time the credits roll.
If you’re looking for the official description of Nick, it’s that he’s:
“A charming, small-time, con artist fox with a big mouth and a lot of opinions. But when a rabbit cop outsmarts him, he finds himself actually helping her solve a mystery.”
Played by the almighty Idris Elba, Chief Bogo is a major supporting character in Zootopia.
As you might have guessed from his name, Bogo is the chief of the Zootopia Police Department and is a complete hardliner.
He doubts Judy from the start as he’s a no-nonsense character that thinks Judy’s appointment is just plain wrong.
As time goes on, Judy wins Bogo’s trust with her hard work and commitment to fighting crime.
So, he’s not quite as closed-minded as you might think!
Okay, so Gazelle isn’t exactly crucial to the story in Zootopia.
But she’s played by SHAKIRA and is a famous popstar and predator rights activist.
Plus, she’s the reason we have the amazing single “Try Everything”!
Officier Clawhauser is a supporting character in Zootopia who is an adorable member of the Police Department.
He’s kind, warm, and completely welcoming, being one of the only people to make Judy feel part of the team.
Oh, and did I mention that he’s Gazelle’s biggest fan?
He has some of the best one-liners in the movie as he sometimes blurts out inappropriate comments in the name of comedy.
I’m totally here for it.
The final character on my rundown of important faces is Dawn Bellwether.
Now, I won’t give too much away about Dawn or I’ll spoil the movie.
You might not think much about Dawn based on her look alone, but she’s actually the main antagonist in the movie.
Yep, a sheep who has been SCORNED.
As for why she’s the female villain in Zootopia? Well, you’ll just have to wait and find out!
What is the Zootopia slogan?
There’s no official quote to end all Zootopia quotes, but I’d say that the main takeaway from the movie is in the following phrase:
Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you. It starts with me.
I mean, isn’t that just SWELL?
What do the best Zootopia quotes teach us?
As Zootopia tells the story of two completely different characters (1 predator and 1 prey), it shows that we can all live together in harmony.
Another major thing that you can take away from the movie is that you shouldn’t ever judge a book by its cover.
Many people underestimate both Nick and Judy during the movie. And they both prove that they’re far more capable than people seem to think!
Is Nick in love with Judy?
It’s not entirely clear whether Nick is in love with Judy in Zootopia as their relationship is very friendship-based.
But it’s possible that Nick has feelings for Judy as she shows him that he can be more than just a “sly fox”!
Maybe we’ll see more of their friendship/love blossom in Zootopia 2.
Why is Zootopia called Zootropolis?
Zootopia was released in North America under the name “Zootopia”, but it was called “Zootropolis” in European territories.
It’s thought that European viewers would relate to the word “metropolis” more.
But it’s also said that there were a few copyright conflicts surround the world “Zootopia” itself.
Will there be a Zootopia 2?
Okay, so there IS a Zootopia 2 movie that’s been confirmed by Disney, but no release date has been given yet.
It’s thought that the movie will be called Zootopia 2: Rise of the Non-Mammalians.
But we’ll have to wait and see!
There you have it: the ultimate list of Zootopia quotes that’ll make you start a rewatch ASAP!
Do you have any favorite Zootopia quotes that I’ve missed out? I’d love to hear your favorite Zootopia quotes in the comments below!
- 95 Mandalorian Quotes That’ll Make You Start a Rewatch
- 90+ Best Turning Red Quotes You’ll LOVE!
- 95 Best Jafar Quotes (+ FAQs Answered!)
- 140 Peter Pan Quotes to Fill Your Day With Magic
- 60+ Festive Disney Christmas Quotes